Attachments

• GBb7QQQWgAAjUfC.jpeg
    GBb7QQQWgAAjUfC.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 49
  • GBb7QQQX0AA5Eal.jpeg
    GBb7QQQX0AA5Eal.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Please visit the concept designer Sean Hargreaves at X fka twitter, if you are interested in his designs and concepts for the series "For all Mankind", season 4. Here some appetizers.
Link / Source: https://x.com/SeanHDesign?s=20

Attachments

• GDA1fd8aQAAHGFm.jpeg
    GDA1fd8aQAAHGFm.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • GC8AsuKaAAESMx6.jpeg
    GC8AsuKaAAESMx6.jpeg
    633.3 KB · Views: 40
  • GC8AsuKaQAAbcDX.jpeg
    GC8AsuKaQAAbcDX.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 45
  • GC8AsuJaAAM8KKV.jpeg
    GC8AsuJaAAM8KKV.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 47
Hmm, I wonder if 'For All Mankind' will dovetail into 'The Expanse' ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion this won't end well at all - either for Mars or for Earth. Rule number 1 of the solar system: better leave asteroids alone - just ask the dinosaurs ROTFL.

My bet: between "25 minutes to Earth orbit" and "20 minutes to Mars orbit" asteroid redirect burn, somebody will fuck up the said burn and send the asteroid on a collision course with a planet (the communication hijacking box will do it !)

Next: since Mars orbit takes a 20 minutes burn and Earth, a 25 minutes one, one can guess that if the burn gets too long the asteroid will still head to Earth - but too fast to enter orbit. Uh-oh, this smells bad for Earth.

@TsrJoe mentionning The Expanse - asteroid bombardment, oops.

Last edited:

I have a sneaking suspicion this won't end well at all - either for Mars or for Earth. Rule number 1 of the solar system: better leave asteroids alone - just ask the dinosaurs ROTFL.

My bet: between "25 minutes to Earth orbit" and "20 minutes to Mars orbit" asteroid redirect burn, somebody will fuck up the said burn and send the asteroid on a collision course with a planet (the communication hijacking box will do it !)

Next: since Mars orbit takes a 20 minutes burn and Earth, a 25 minutes one, one can guess that if the burn gets too long the asteroid will still head to Earth - but too fast to enter orbit. Uh-oh, this smells bad for Earth.

@TsrJoe mentionning The Expanse - asteroid bombardment, oops.
Answer: burn even longer.

[...]
I have decided to post my own review, not of each episode, but rather of the whole season 4, after the last 10th episode, which I will see around 12th January 2024.
Hi folks,
I watched the final 10th episode of season 4 twice over this weekend.
This episode was the highlight of the season. :cool:
Beautiful visual scenes and great acting. No "Armageddon" scenario, but the most threads were summarized well towards the end. Also, the music score matches the scenes well. IMHO, most of the budget went into the production for this episode.
But I favor season 1 and 2 more than season 4, since this series is shifting from alternate history / present more towards science fiction compared to our timeline.
I still feel, this season is based on the book / movie "The Martian" or based as a prequel to the series "The Expanse".
Anyway, I still recommend this series and will watch the next season(s). :)
May you all have a pleasant start to the new week!
Slán,
fightingirish

it's like they didn't know what to do next.
in FaM they put little hint and note for next season
like Nord Korea space efforts
This season pointing toward Brazil
NASA Briefing document show photo, of Brazillian launch pad
With launch tower that SpaceX use for Falcon heavy

in FaM they put little hint and note for next season
like Nord Korea space efforts
This season pointing toward Brazil
NASA Briefing document show photo, of Brazillian launch pad
With launch tower that SpaceX use for Falcon heavy
I should have been clearer= I was referring to The Expanse

Hi, haven't seen episode 5 so far, but I concur with your review, that this series is shifting from alternate history / present more towards science fiction compared to our time-line.
I feel, I am watching a TV series based on the book / movie "The Martian" or based as a prequel to the series "The Expanse".:confused:
Some things they actually looked at seem like science fiction. A nuclear powered flying submarine? City-sized solar power satellites built from materials launched from the moon via mass driver? Nuclear powered rockets?

Season 1
View: https://twitter.com/Tygget/status/1754353334142501342

Season 4
GFi4i9XXEAANgGn

Last edited: