Flying Cars And Roadable Aircraft

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Do not attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity. In the case of social media, this seems especially so - or at least the pursuit of growth at all costs. Who prefers a rational consumer over an addict?

A rational business. But an irrational one, or an enemy interested in your downfall more than your perpetual prosperity and consequent business, will happily take an addict over a rational consumer. There have been *lots* of cases throughout history of actions taken by major powers to addict, sicken and ruin large numbers of people for the purpose of control or immediate profit. The Chinese, for instance, are well acquainted with the concept, having been the victims of just such an enterprise during the Opium Wars. Perhaps TikTok is their revenge on the West for that.

publiusr

The Anti-Proxmire
Reaction score
Hmm, talk of whimsical vehicles:

Has anyone tried a lighter than air solution to roadable aircraft?
Use an ATV instead of a gondola with a fan in the back? Like with parawings? I’m surprised someone didn’t try to sneak into Area 51 that way.

royabulgaf

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Don't worry about TikTok. A year from now, you ask someone about TikTok, he'll say "Yeah, I think my grandmother's on TikTok"

dan_inbox

Reaction score
AFAIK this is a standard part of testing the cats on any new carrier.

Further, I seem to remember that their was a tradition whereby part of the hazing of a new ??? on the carrier was doing this to his car. And that it was known, so the new guy would bring an old banger just for this occasion.
But this memory is faint and hopefully a Navy brat will enlighten us.

Rhinocrates

Reaction score
AFAIK this is a standard part of testing the cats on any new carrier.

Further, I seem to remember that their was a tradition whereby part of the hazing of a new ??? on the carrier was doing this to his car. And that it was known, so the new guy would bring an old banger just for this occasion.
But this memory is faint and hopefully a Navy brat will enlighten us.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cD_oTV2wI