Ferranti notional FSW canard fighter

borntokillagain

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Anyone know more about this ?
Sorry about the poor quality.

[link broken - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know of its correct designation, but it was a British Aerospace (BAe) private venture of a small ‘agile advanced combat aircraft’ of the 1980’s

Sorry that’s all I can tell you

Regards
Pioneer

I am sure this represents art work associated with a 'Ferranti' advert in a defence magazine - flight Int, or Ineravia or International defense review back in the early 1980's

Having said that, BAE have played around with forward swept wing configurations at the conceptual level.

Here's a better scan of that LWF !!!

Cheers, Deino

Attachments

• LWF from Ferranti - small.jpg
    LWF from Ferranti - small.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 471
Thanks all for the replies Deino that photo was great. Didnt know they had a color version. Ferranti making their own fighters..thats almost unheard of. Cool!

Farranti don't make fighters...electronics that go into fighters, but they are not very eye catching ...hence they had an artist make a design for their advert.

Hi,

here is anther artist drawing to it.

Aircraft 2000, Bill Sweetman

Attachments

• LWF.png
    LWF.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 155
I am sure this represents art work associated with a 'Ferranti' advert in a defence magazine - flight Int, or Ineravia or International defense review back in the early 1980's

Having said that, BAE have played around with forward swept wing configurations at the conceptual level.
It was also in Jane's All the World's Aircraft 1985-86, pages 8-9.

I am sure this is covered in another thread somewhere but what happened to kill off these Forward Swept Wing designs. They are as 80s a fad as the mullet haircut.
If like me you were interested, the above gives a detailed account. Like the mullet, FSW could still make a comeback.

Divergence. And the way you "solve" that problem is with weight.

Back
Top Bottom