Facebook, WhatApp and Instagram down....

All the cool kids use Whatsapp for messaging. Old farts like me and my wife use Facebook Messenger. Grandpas use SMS :)

As far as I can decipher trends (ha) Signal, Slack and Discord are some of the services to be on. Whatsapp showed promise but from my POV, y'know, Facebook. Real "influencer" pros are of course scouring the landscape to register themselves on the newest and most obscure social media/messaging environments in the hopes of those becoming successful and thus gaining "OG trendsetter" points/status. The real added value (apart from increased data security and privacy in some cases) is usually meager to nonexistent; seems mostly to be about where the herd is stampeding to be data mined (or is it "milked" in this case). I mean, big data as currency is where the innovation is, as far as end user experience goes I struggle to make meaningful distinctions between current structures and erstwhile methods such as IRCs, mailing lists, Classmates, MySpace, et.al (apart from the capacity and volume of the net itself growing meanwhile).
Discord is popular in gaming communities. It and Slack (businesses and media) are basically just modern IRC at heart.

Signal seems to be Facebook Messenger /Whatsapp for people who like privacy.

Some (many?) social media users felt cut off from their friends. When asked why they didn't use the telephone feature on their toys, they cited telephone phobia - at least, according to the rumour I've heard ☹️

I red that "people re-discovered SMS" during the blackout.
Hmmmm, what ?
Is SMS obsolete ?
All the cool kids use Whatsapp for messaging. Old farts like me and my wife use Facebook Messenger. Grandpas use SMS :)
I'd still be happy with MSN messenger if Microsoft hadn't killed it. At times I find myself wishing Teams could be used by the general public for chatting with friends.

I'd still be happy with MSN messenger if Microsoft hadn't killed it. At times I find myself wishing Teams could be used by the general public for chatting with friends.

You can. You just need to set up a free Microsoft account to use Teams.

Hmmm. Gonna have to try that. Assumed that wasn't the case when I tried to reach my brother through Teams from different companies. (Maybe they can just lock it down at work?)

Last edited:

Hmmm. Gonna have to try that. Assumed that wasn't the case when I tried to reach my brother through Teams from different companies. (Maybe they can just lock it down at work?)
Yes, you can block comms outside the company as the Office 365 admin.

You could sign up with a personal email and get a personal Teams account.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5jtFqWq5iU

"John Oliver discusses how misinformation spreads among immigrant diaspora communities, how little some platforms have done to stop it, and, most importantly, how to have a very good morning." (published Oct 11, 2021)

Truly a whirlwind tour of social media and messaging app environments that might be less familiar to most preferring to communicate in English. Something of an education though mostly through the prism of U.S. immigrant communities; not a comprehensive overview, some major language groups and cultures totally omitted but certainly enough to get one started in appreciating one another way the world is being re-compartmentalized. Focus mostly on how misinformation spreads organically albeit some intentionally bad actors are of course featured as the originators of falsehoods and/or grifts. National and corporate disinformation efforts largely ignored in this presentation although some features of apps originating from autocratic countries are briefly noted as being (not necessarily even by design) conducive to the spread of misinformation.

Unfortunately, this is a big minus of the apps that Facebook owns. If traffic drops for one, it also drops for everyone else. I had to spend the evening in the Telegram, and it isn't very interesting there.
I've already missed the stories and my audience. I had such a hard accumulating it; then, I used various services — https://famoid.com/.
But I'm glad that everything was fixed in the end. Yes, Instagram and Facebook are the most comprehensive marketing platforms where you can successfully promote your products.

Last edited:
It will inevitably happen a hundred more times. Zuckerberg's company is too huge and cannot physically handle all the traffic into its servers. Hopefully, they will create new algorithms to rid everyone of such problems shortly. Well, while all the social networks are down, I'll browse the news on Telegram. This messenger has never once let me down. I want to answer the question about subscribers and likes on Instagram. My friend often advised me to use the services of megafamous.com because here you can buy a live audience. I don't need it, but it will help you one hundred percent.

Last edited:
No wonder they can't handle the flow of users. Zuckerberg has been making more and more rash decisions in recent years, which will weaken his competitiveness. That is why I have already moved to TikTok. I agree that there is a lot of garbage, but there is also a lot of useful information. I wanted to start running my channel; I'm thinking about buying TikFreeFollowers to immediately attract some part of the audience. In addition, I'm sitting on the Telegram. I don't know why many people say it's boring there. Many channels post interesting news and useful information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been annoyed with how Facebook works in recent years. I don't understand who they target with their innovations if users are uncomfortable, and many complain about it.
For example, there are a lot of difficulties with Instagram. It's hard to promote your page organically. You need to constantly buy advertising and monitor the content and frequency of posting. It may not be so difficult for those engaged in SMM. But for ordinary users who want to promote their blog, there are only instagram followers buy. I don't like that instagram makes it harder for people to use.

Last edited:
Oh, I also remember when Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram fell. Great sadness at that time. I haven't used Twitter for a long time, but during that time, I had to use it to keep up with the news. I can't imagine that all these 3 Social Media platforms will fall again, especially Instagram. I spend a lot of time on Instagram because my little community is there. I work a lot on my Instagram account, growing it daily. I also found a way to buy followers, and I'm o see that the number of followers increases daily. I hope that Instagram will never fall again.

Last edited:
Yes, periodically, there may be failures in the database of these social media. Still, I think they will fix it quickly because these companies have the best networkers and programmers. So don't worry so much! I noticed that as soon as these social media were turned off for a while, people began to panic as if their food had been taken away from them! Are social media so much already a part of our lives? I understand that many people now visit YouTube and Instagram every day, but it seems to me that it's too much when people don't see life without it. Although, thanks to YouTube, I was able to succeed, and of course, thanks to the fact that I was able to find an SMM service with the best youtube views smm panel.

Last edited:
On a tangent:

Well, well, well, looks like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram decided to take a collective coffee break!

It's always something, right? But hey, it's kind of refreshing to have a little tech downtime – a mini digital detox, if you will. Time to actually look up from our screens and see the world around us!

By the way, speaking of the social media world, have you ever stumbled upon the magical realm of SMM followers? It's like the mystical land where follower counts go up like hot air balloons!

Last edited: