Eurocopter HTH name

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
If Eurcopter had built the Heavy Transport Helicopter, is it likely that Eurocopter would have named the helicopter for a big cat continuing the naming convention of Sud Aviation/Aerospatiale? Or do you believe that it would have been named for another animal? Any guesses on the EC model number?

Are there any pure Eurocopter helis, that got a name ?

There was no "big cat" naming convention at Sud Est/Aerospatiale: Alouette, Frelon, Ecureuil aren't big cat names

pometablava said:
There was no "big cat" naming convention at Sud Est/Aerospatiale: Alouette, Frelon, Ecureuil aren't big cat names

Nor is Dauphin... There is only Puma and Panther that are felines, hardly enough to make a pattern.

Cougar?

I have spent many a long hour fast asleep in a Tiger.

Chris

A good name,

Tyson,from Mike Tyson,the boxer.

Non-cat names include "Aw f@ck, not a f@cking 225", which many new boys think is the real name of the "Airbus 225".

Chris

To my opinion, the only heli from Eurocopter/Airbus Helicopters, that got a name and cannot be
traced back to the times, when it was still a cooperation between Aerospatiale and MBB, is
the EC 120, named Colibri. And this type is a co-operation with China and Singapore, AFAIK.
Airbus Helicopters seems not to be very enthusiastic about dubbing its products !

Airbus Helicopters as a trade name may be specific to Britain as Aerospatiale and Eurocopter have taken a kicking (in my opinion not wholly deserved) from an uninformed public and bandwagon-jumping media for recent fatal incidents involving their machines. They have been effectively airbrushed (no pun intended) from Aberdeen.

In the UK we call such actions "Doing a Sellafield"

Chris

Triton said:
If Eurcopter had built the Heavy Transport Helicopter, is it likely that Eurocopter would have named the helicopter for a big cat

Garfield?

Triton said:
If Eurcopter had built the Heavy Transport Helicopter, is it likely that Eurocopter would have named the helicopter for a big cat

There is only one option possible: it would HAVE TO be Catbus!!!

catbus.jpg

Skyblazer said:
There is only one option possible: it would HAVE TO be Catbus!!!

I'm sure Mitsubishi would have this trademarked for technical realisation.