DF-15, DF-25 and DF-31 ballistic missiles from China

Hyperwarp

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I went through the topics and couldn't find a similar thread. So I thought I'll post this. If I violated any rules, then my most sincere apologies.

I came across the 2nd photo sometime back at CDF. The 1st photo surfaced a day or 2 back at CDF. CDF members were adamant that the 1st photo is a doctored one. But several others sites claimed in was a new ballistic missile. The ground indeed looks doctored, but what about TEL itself and what maybe inside it?

Attachments

• post-131-1184344799m.jpg
    post-131-1184344799m.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 450
  • post-131-1184344806m.jpg
    post-131-1184344806m.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 344
Well, it appears to be the long lost DF-25 boat load of pics have started to flow out:

Attachments

• 1184502621_44912.jpg
    1184502621_44912.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 356
DF-31

Attachments

• 1184502621_31028.jpg
    1184502621_31028.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 1184502621_71671.jpg
    1184502621_71671.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 318
DF-15 (Modified):

Attachments

• 1184502621_92777.jpg
    1184502621_92777.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 1184502621_22238_r.jpg
    1184502621_22238_r.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 61
From FYJS.CN via SinoDefence.com

DF-15A/B

Attachments

• post-11-1137525626.jpg
    post-11-1137525626.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 64
  • df15_08large.jpg
    df15_08large.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 58
  • df15_11large.jpg
    df15_11large.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 58
  • df15_10large.jpg
    df15_10large.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 49
  • df15_09large.jpg
    df15_09large.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
In order of parade appearance

1YPQvzIIhoN7llf4khkEyJFPV5BEW1b-unotN5ecL0tZaMRFfE63vELL3_szWDUoUUTFLP5b9iEdVj5rVr1sT0UCxOHwWP9kqyb4Nb_d4NPe0B_i_eZufxku2LfNsYUbrfeS=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-15B - These short-ranged conventionally armed ballistic missiles have a range of 600 kilometers, and are similar to the SCUD family missiles.

_raYMbfeHSdKq0OSvelyvcpgZB1f-iouvrxfF3HGpG5nRpImHcDAjlCjArCeqew9kV07v85K3MOJEk0el2wg1xC_KWvxLu4OD34wwwfal2RisNtjnrhjE3_v4yhtcDNjTt9y=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-16 - China's newly introduced replacement to the DF-15 family, these short to medium range ballistic missiles have a range of 800-1000 km. They are also some of China's most accurate ballistic missiles, reportedly capable of hitting slow moving targets.

JN8QtwLdwfLQCWRxxNClO8zCNeFGUYL4ven01rXXlJ0xHkmz_ycN2DFGuv-nOsIOfj8RtZCIAghkF12RpITjNdhBfVe5izcdEHCTDSw0ob__5JM_FetPlO3CKhTYnemzMM1v=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-21D - China's now infamous "carrier killers," DF-21D is an anti-ship ballistic missile designed to target aircraft carriers in the western Pacific. Ranged at around 1500 km, these missiles were reportedly tested in the Gobi desert in January 2013 against flat concrete targets roughly the size of a U.S. aircraft carrier deck.

Vu9FcjN5UOx82lr0ZzZ4g5aHY-YrllDmeg6T5G-qkP2nZEMK6nm6CdpCHHW5lKLwRsLKdioSMQDjhVxdZO1YQuqK1nKfWm7A1xtZxfbUQoH0qHIYWF2gT5-dqNkIBcpRfIff=s0-d-e1-ft

CJ-10 (DH-10) - Considered China's answer to the U.S. Tomahawk, the CJ-10 land-attack cruise missile can carry a 1,100 kg high-explosive or sub-munition payload a distance of around 2,500 kilometers with relative accuracy.

JtVWxe3lwFz7BXnwdIeBtaMzmzjF-CC0UjiQ91BzNAqtRKM1peBXIpz-Pm9k-Yz44vaafuzEddFKf7j9xzwsjKeG-lWsfpDLtGv84Je9X5PIkq-qHE2DyNcv6lTZ3uYwmK4K=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-26 - China's newest ballistic missile, DF-26 is a medium to long-range missile capable of delivering conventional or nuclear weapons to nearly anywhere in the western Pacific. Known colloquially as the "Guam Killer," this missile is considered a serious to U.S. and allied military forces deployed in the Asia Pacific theater.

q2vz3xzpxSD9FvP27a56IG0HUvMtXE6dbMDbD4iIwtPYn_QSW7q7sjvg6kMz_j-H6hV8z6DyR-rOTvzc4-Rh8V3OYNopAJLKwN4TfAsskvtWIGm687JxAkORAfqGjS_6s8k-=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-31A - One of China's intercontinental-ranged ballistic missiles (ICBM), DF-31A is able to deliver nuclear warheads to the western United States and parts of the Midwest.

z9vx-T9S5RfSJDPK0aIBDlnNH_8x9HtRn7kHwCP5ZNqUoWPLLA7a_8TJPtuSUFTAP9O_na9WO-lsFHfBHOfWrrZXkLHVbYKP_tlrJCWGCTSSTrgOi0nC4y1_j1DQ-3mb9n9h=s0-d-e1-ft

DF-5B- China's longest ranged ICBM, DF-5B reportedly has a range of up to 15,000 km, making it capable of delivering multiple nuclear warheads almost anywhere on Earth.

sferrin said:
"Peaceful Rise" etc. etc.
Why we are still a party to the INF Treaty, at least for conventional missiles, I have no idea. :eek:

bobbymike said:
sferrin said:
Why we are still a party to the INF Treaty, at least for conventional missile, I have no idea. :eek:

Me either. What's really disconcerting is our absolutely decrepit industrial base in the field of ballistic missiles (or, really, any kind of non-subsonic strike missile). Somebody needs to wake the hell up.

In my eyes China is getting a little too strong militarily for my comfort. -SP

bobbymike said:
sferrin said:
Why we are still a party to the INF Treaty, at least for conventional missiles, I have no idea. :eek:

Why not? Do you think the USAF's generals (almost all of them are former or currently qualified fighter pilots) has any interest in diverting budgets away from the F-35, towards a thousand conventional SRBMs that could take out hundreds of targets within 20 minutes without sophisticated strike packages and without any pilots? I don't think so.

lastdingo said:
bobbymike said:
sferrin said:

Why not? Do you think the USAF's generals (almost all of them are former or currently qualified fighter pilots) has any interest in diverting budgets away from the F-35, towards a thousand conventional SRBMs that could take out hundreds of targets within 20 minutes without sophisticated strike packages and without any pilots? I don't think so.
USAF Generals do not make or break or modify treaties.

Dont' forgot LV2 and other ballistic missile targets .

;)

Attachments

• LockheedMartinLV2IntermediateRangeBallisticMissileTarget.jpg
    LockheedMartinLV2IntermediateRangeBallisticMissileTarget.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 42
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/2015/09/03/chinas-parade-puts-us-navy-notice/71632918/

bobbymike said:
lastdingo said:
bobbymike said:
sferrin said:

USAF Generals do not make or break or modify treaties.

Shhhh, you're going to ruin his fun pointing out facts like that.

Maybe we could talk about the Chinese missiles?

I liked the fact everything in the parade was so clearly labelled with Western characters so we knew what it was.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:

I liked the fact everything in the parade was so clearly labelled with Western characters so we knew what it was.

In part it was interesting but some bits left me wondering "WTF?" The labeling, as you point out, for example. There's subtle propaganda, obvious propaganda, and then there's this. I'm surprised that they didn't have billboards on the sides of the DF-21Ds saying "Carrier Killer Missile". And RAM launcher models on trucks? ??? One thing is for certain, they are spending a LOT of effort perfecting their ballistic missile forces, in all classes.

Just to play 'devils advocate' for a moment, are they just spending a lot of money on TELs? (my guess would be 'no' but one never knows.... ;) )

shedofdread said:
Just to play 'devils advocate' for a moment, are they just spending a lot of money on TELs? (my guess would be 'no' but one never knows.... ;) )

Compared to the missiles the TELs are probably chump change.

shedofdread said:
Exactly! But the amounts spent to counter them are not... ;)
Easier to hit the missiles than try to hunt down TELs in forested areas under air defense umbrellas.

sferrin said:
shedofdread said:
Exactly! But the amounts spent to counter them are not... ;)
Easier to hit the missiles than try to hunt down TELs in forested areas under air defense umbrellas.
Or bomb 3000 miles of tunnels

sferrin said:
In part it was interesting but some bits left me wondering "WTF?" The labeling, as you point out, for example. There's subtle propaganda, obvious propaganda, and then there's this. I'm surprised that they didn't have billboards on the sides of the DF-21Ds saying "Carrier Killer Missile". And RAM launcher models on trucks? ??? One thing is for certain, they are spending a LOT of effort perfecting their ballistic missile forces, in all classes.

I guess they could have painted the NATO reporting name on the side of the weapons and vehicles.

My point was that one doesn't necessarily need to build a new class of missile to persuade others you have a new class of missile. Could there be a cunning deception at play here? One designed to give the impression of rather more power than one has? Spend oodles of cash countering a threat that wasn't really there???

This brings to mind of a well known Italian car maker that when an engine power improvement was needed, re-printed their brochures...

(Having said the above, I still think that on balance they probably have built those delivery systems)

It is rather interesting that they showed off a new version of the archaic DF-5, and that there is a new version, but the DF-41 is nowhere to be seen.

sferrin said:
PaulMM (Overscan) said:

In part it was interesting but some bits left me wondering "WTF?" The labeling, as you point out, for example. There's subtle propaganda, obvious propaganda, and then there's this. I'm surprised that they didn't have billboards on the sides of the DF-21Ds saying "Carrier Killer Missile".

Well you've got to advertise your products if you're going to sell them and putting the English designations on them is quicker and easier than putting Farsi on one side and Korean on the other.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be available to North Korea, Iran though.... hmmm. Geez but wouldn't the Israeli's freak.