Dasvidaniya, Myasishchev!

XP67_Moonbat

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Since the article mentions Myasishchev's space tourism project, I though it best to post this here. Moderators, feel free to move this post as you see fit.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/hyperbola/2009/03/no-more-space-tourism-for-russ.html

...and soon, there will be "Do Svidaniya, Yakovlev, Tupolev, etc!"
Instead, there will be business-units (Military Aircafts, Cargo Aircrafts, etc) a-la EADS.

All this globalization has thrown historic aviation companies into the dustbin, I think. :'( Look at all the companies in my country that folded or got merged. Now all we have is Lockheed, Northrop, and Boeing.

This centralization business had been tried before. Remember Stalin's TsKB. When it becomes apparent that competition is needed to spur progress the separate design bureaus will be back.

With luck the same thing will happen here in the USA!

To Mallorca in a MiG!!...wow what a weekend :eek:

In the USA we've allowed the industry to merge so much that all it will take is one price-fixing scandal to remind the public and Congress that we need competition both for innovation and to keep prices in check.

Kosmos929 said:
This centralization business had been tried before. Remember Stalin's TsKB. When it becomes apparent that competition is needed to spur progress the separate design bureaus will be back.

With luck the same thing will happen here in the USA!