• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Daniel Uhr artwork

Steve Pace

Aviation History Writer
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
6
Geist said:
More than I, for sure. Congratulation for all the books!

I know you're author of many books, even though, I can imagine how difficult is to do it, I mean start from 0, gather the info, organize it, do the design book, corrections,...and worse to have money to publish it or to who knows find some publisher who wants to do it as a sponsorship.

Recently I did my first book with a friend, it was not easy due to the whole process involved in doing it.

About the XB 70 - Any link where I could take those information and also their 3views?
So, I will be able to compare the two prototypes and check their visual differences.
Regards
Daniel

P.S. Could ypu please, take a look at my site and telll me your impression
http://www.duhraviationart.com
I love your site - I sent images to your FB messages
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Thank you very much for the comment :)
I saw it and already downloaded them. Thank you once more :)
Now I will study them to develop a good work (I hope so :) )
 

SAustin16

Bravo to All Brave Test Pilots
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Beautiful artwork throughout this thread.


If I may, I would love to see a formation of B-70's using the AV1 design. IMHO, the dihedral of AV2 spoiled the lines of an extremely beautiful aircraft. AV1 possesses a look of raw power and speed.


Thank you for posting your art.
 

Steve Pace

Aviation History Writer
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
6
That would defeat the purpose of them flying together. -SP
 

SAustin16

Bravo to All Brave Test Pilots
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
My mistake Steve. You are correct.


I mis-read the post, thinking he meant several "operational" B-70's flying in formation...


Man, I'm getting old.


Cheers from Texas
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Hi
After a "long time", I'm back.
I know I still owe you a XB 70, but in this meantime I had to do some commissioned works and besides it I'm looking for a new pc, the one I was using is out of work.
Let's end with complaining about the problems and show those mentioned works.
I hope you enjoy them.
Regards,
Daniel.

The first is a Kfir

 

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
13,243
Reaction score
85
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...
 

Apteryx

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Stargazer2006 said:
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!


--Ian
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!


--Ian
Thanks Ian for the tip and comment. Certainly It'll give me parameter for the next projects and turn me more alert to these problems. :)
Only today I saw your post.
Soon I'll post some new works I did.
By the way Ian, is it good or not to have "lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!" ?
Regards,
Daniel.
 

Apteryx

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Geist said:
Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!


--Ian
Thanks Ian for the tip and comment. Certainly It'll give me parameter for the next projects and turn me more alert to these problems. :)
Only today I saw your post.
Soon I'll post some new works I did.
By the way Ian, is it good or not to have "lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!" ?
Regards,
Daniel.

Sorry, Daniel--I only saw YOUR post just now. Can you have too much parallax distortion? Maybe it's partly a matter of personal taste. I seem to have a high tolerance for sleek aircraft getting in my face. I like all your work, though, whatever the degree of "immediacy."
--Ian
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Apteryx said:
Geist said:
Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!


--Ian
Thanks Ian for the tip and comment. Certainly It'll give me parameter for the next projects and turn me more alert to these problems. :)
Only today I saw your post.
Soon I'll post some new works I did.
By the way Ian, is it good or not to have "lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!" ?
Regards,
Daniel.

Sorry, Daniel--I only saw YOUR post just now. Can you have too much parallax distortion? Maybe it's partly a matter of personal taste. I seem to have a high tolerance for sleek aircraft getting in my face. I like all your work, though, whatever the degree of "immediacy."
--Ian



Hi Ian.
Thank you once more for the comment.
I'm glad to know that you like my work. :)


I know that this kind of style that I adopted is not largely appreciated.
It gives, sometimes, too much impact/dramaticity and people (in general) tend to choose less dramatic (at least, that what it seems to me) :) .


I, as can be seen in my latest works , prefer it under a impressive look. Reflect of my experience in the aeronautical area and my perception of the aircrafts.


As you said - it's a matter of personal taste.
Best regards
Thank you once more (Btw, apologise me for the delay in answering you)
Daniel Uhr


P.S. Whenever you or any one else wants to do a comment about my work, feel free to do it. They are always welcome, since it is grounded and contributes to the growth. :)
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Hi
I've been out for while, due to the works I had to do.
Well, I'm posting two works I did recently.
Besides, one of these two became also a wallpaper (1921x1200px) that is available for free in my website at the news link.


http://www.duhraviationart.com


I hope you enjoy them.
Regards

Fouga - for box art




Meteor - for box art

 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Jemiba said:
That's like those box art pictures, I cut out from catalogues years ago and pinned to the walls
of my room. Somehow your pictures bring back those times. Thank you ! :)


I thank you!
This "feeling" you reported in your text, brought me back to a time when I was ten years old and dreamt in doing the arts for the scale box kit and now I reached it. :)
Thank you
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Hi.
After a long time I'm back.
In this mean time I did some aircraft illustrations that I'm going to post here, also vehicles that are not aircraft :)
Besides, I restructered my website - I would like to envite you to visit it. I hope you like it - http://duhraviationart.com/ ;)




 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,443
Reaction score
759
I really liked the cover for American Secret Projects.
 

CiTrus90

Credibility is down! Kill ratio is up!
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
359
Reaction score
158
Beautiful artworks!

Regards.
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
I really liked the cover for American Secret Projects.
Thank you very much! :)
I did other book covers, soon I'm going to post here.

By the way, the art below is an Atlas Cheetah done for a scale model cover box.
 

ACResearcher

Author/researcher/illustrator.
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
202
Reaction score
19
Daniel, it is a real pleasure to be able to look at your various works of art! I hope I get to work with you again on Tony and my next project! And possibly others as well.

Very best wishes from a real fan.

AlanG
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
ACResearcher said:
Daniel, it is a real pleasure to be able to look at your various works of art! I hope I get to work with you again on Tony and my next project! And possibly others as well.

Very best wishes from a real fan.

AlanG
Hi Alan.
Thank you very much for the comment!!! :)
Certainly we're going to work together in your next project and so on!
The pleasure is mine to work with you and Tony, in fact an honor!
Best wishes from a fan of yours!
 

Motocar

I really should change my personal text
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
590
Reaction score
33
great work Daniel....!
 

dan_inbox

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
574
Reaction score
63
I can't find any information about this Dassault 117 project.
Any pointers?
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
dan_inbox said:
I can't find any information about this Dassault 117 project.
Any pointers?
Unfortunately no.
Until this work, I had no idea of its existence.
The few infos I received, I can not post it. Sorry.
I think the way to gain more info about it is acquiring the book.
 

dan_inbox

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
574
Reaction score
63
Thanks for the explanation, Daniel.
Is it so secret that you can't even tell a period and a role ? like bomber 1955s or recce 1960s ?

And do you already know what is the planned title for this upcoming book?
 

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
2,310
Reaction score
66
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26554.0.html
French Secret Projects 1: Post War Fighters by JC Carbonel

Really great job you did there, Daniel
 

dan_inbox

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
574
Reaction score
63
Thank you, Arjen.
Book not yet released today, but the title already answer half my questions: Part 1 post war FIGHTERS.

And indeed a great artwork by Daniel.
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
dan_inbox said:
Thanks for the explanation, Daniel.
Is it so secret that you can't even tell a period and a role ? like bomber 1955s or recce 1960s ?

And do you already know what is the planned title for this upcoming book?
Not soooo secret ;)
It is a project from late 60's. Probably an interceptor, as written by author.
For me could also be a Spy plane due to its configuration - two engines that looks like the used in SR 71.

https://www.amazon.com/French-Secret-Projects-Post-Fighters/dp/1910809004/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467929768&sr=1-1&keywords=french+secret+projects

Arjen said:
Really great job you did there, Daniel
dan_inbox said:
And indeed a great artwork by Daniel.
Thank you guys for the comment :)
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Motocar said:
Render IA-36 Condor by Aleklicho retouched to recreate tail "T", without reaching the quality of their work only to illustrate.
Looks great and close to the Tank's project.
Looks like a scale model ;)
 

Geist

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
9
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
I'm not so sure, but I think I mentioned a fifth work I did for Crecy besides the other covers shown here.
At the time I could not show this new work.
Here it is. I hope you enjoy it
 
Top