One of the four Booster of Long March 2F/G of Shenzhou 12 launch
hit a road on landing
interesting is that the booster has a parachute

Test use parachute to control the drop point of the booster
Well, if they aimed for the road for easy post landing(?) accessibility, they hit a bullseye...

hit a road on landing

Well, if they aimed for the road for easy post landing(?) accessibility, they hit a bullseye...
The booster parachute landing control system can reduce the landing area by 70%,but the final landing point is still random

I've read that Russia is going to build a station on the surface of the Moon with China. What do you think about that point? Do you think that really possible at all?

I've read that Russia is going to build a station on the surface of the Moon with China. What do you think about that point? Do you think that really possible at all?

Possible, as long as they managed to solve long term space radiation problem.

hit a road on landing

The booster parachute landing control system can reduce the landing area by 70%,but the final landing point is still random
So it's really about controlling the drop *area* rather than the drop *point*...

So it's really about controlling the drop *area* rather than the drop *point*...
It might well be the difference between cordoning off a bunch of fields and a bunch of fields and three villages (with slit trenches and air-raid sirens). The risk to property can be greatly reduced with a guided spent stage.

A predictable and reliable drop area is very, very useful.

It might well be the difference between cordoning off a bunch of fields and a bunch of fields and three villages (with slit trenches and air-raid sirens). The risk to property can be greatly reduced with a guided spent stage.

A predictable and reliable drop area is very, very useful.
No argument here, but obviously a predictable and reliable drop point a la SpaceX is immensely more useful.

The Russian have how-know to build Lunar base, but need the Chinese Rockets and Money to get there.
and who pays, dictate the rules, it will very interesting to see how this cooperation will evolve

China has launched three astronauts into orbit to begin occupation of the country's new space station. The three men - Nie Haisheng, Liu Boming and Tang Hongbo - are to spend three months aboard the Tianhe module some 380km (236 miles) above the Earth. It will be China's longest crewed space mission to date and the first in nearly five years. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57504052

Any idea if the space station will be used for intelligence? Sounds like they don't want to work with anyone.

Any idea if the space station will be used for intelligence? Sounds like they don't want to work with anyone.

I would say "why not" afterall Soviet have Almaz military space station. I would also expect that the space telescope they plan to Co-orbit with Tianhe may sometime looking back at anyone pointing its telescope at it.

Really? My feeling is more that no-one in the West is even considering working with them, which I regret since it would open up a lot of opportunities both in contact, exchange and cooperation.

Most likely not directly. The orbit would not allow it to be a good spy sat. But it clearly woukd be used to test concepts and equipment for future spy satellites.

Many people think that Starlink satellites will be used as spy sats and for some military purposes to track people all around the globe

Really? My feeling is more that no-one in the West is even considering working with them, which I regret since it would open up a lot of opportunities both in contact, exchange and cooperation.
ESA are going to be I believe.

Most likely not directly. The orbit would not allow it to be a good spy sat. But it clearly woukd be used to test concepts and equipment for future spy satellites.
Plus the requirements of a telescope looking up are different from that of one looking down. But I imagine it has been useful in testing technologies like the manufacturing of large and very high specification mirrors.

Flight test of China's commercial carrier rocket fails
Source: Xinhua| 2021-08-03 22:42:50

JIUQUAN, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- The flight test of the third Hyperbola-1 commercial carrier rocket was unsuccessful.

Abnormal performance was identified during the flight of the rocket, which lifted off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China at 3:39 p.m. (Beijing Time) on Tuesday.

The satellite, carried by the rocket, did not enter orbit as scheduled.

View: https://twitter.com/AJ_FI/status/1422781661733851136

iSpace confirms that the payload fairing did not separate properly, meaning the satellite could not reach its intended orbit. Rocket otherwise performed well. No TLEs for the object either. https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/NGkDVjdGexqfCjeJz5rCDw

China sends two multimedia satellites into orbit
Source: Xinhua| 2021-08-04 20:04:23

TAIYUAN, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- China on Wednesday successfully sent two multimedia satellites into pre-set orbit from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China's Shanxi Province.

The satellites were launched by a Long March-6 carrier rocket at 7:01 p.m. (Beijing Time).

The launch was the 382nd flight mission for the Long March series carrier rockets.

Launch video

Many people think that Starlink satellites will be used as spy sats and for some military purposes to track people all around the globe
I have no clue what a Starlink satellite can do that Facebook isn't already doing for over a decade now. These people appear to be misled intentionally, and that intention might not be that of the idiot in question.

Chinese abandoned manned moon landing plan
141557g2scuu4ncv5vleeg.jpeg
141557somo05ow0s1mw3om.jpeg

Space collision: Chinese satellite got whacked by hunk of Russian rocket in March
In March, the U.S. Space Force's 18th Space Control Squadron (18SPCS) reported the breakup of Yunhai 1-02, a Chinese military satellite that launched in September 2019. It was unclear at the time whether the spacecraft had suffered some sort of failure — an explosion in its propulsion system, perhaps — or if it had collided with something in orbit.

We now know that the latter explanation is correct, thanks to some sleuthing by astrophysicist and satellite tracker Jonathan McDowell, who's based at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

China may use an existing rocket to speed up plans for a human Moon mission​

China appears to be accelerating its plans to land on the Moon by 2030 and would use a modified version of an existing rocket to do so.

The chief designer of the Long March family of rockets, Long Lehao, said China could use two modified Long March 5 rockets to accomplish a lunar landing in less than a decade, according to the Hong Kong-based online news site, HK01. He spoke earlier this week at the 35th National Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition in China. The full video can be found here.