55329059te9xe1.jpg

58175864zh0rw9.jpg

65058469jv5rf3.jpg

68135322fd2uq8.jpg

81620812vx6sj2.jpg

97471738ud8ut8.jpg

336897rw7.jpg

336895cj2.jpg

these are just the drawings,which already look real cool i.m.o,but prototypes are already undergoing tests....but for now only the wheeled versions...
wheeledapc09oi9.jpg

wheeledapc08en8.jpg

wheeledapc07us8.jpg

wheeledapc06se0.jpg

wheeledapc05fi0.jpg

wheeledapc04mo8.jpg

Looks like its more than just designer clothing and DVD's the Chinese are knocking off!!!

I see more than a passing resemblance to many western and russia vehicles- I see a Centauro, a BMP3, a CV9030 and what looks like the new S Korean SPAAG who's name escapes me.

Regards

JohnR said:
Looks like its more than just designer clothing and DVD's the Chinese are knocking off!!!

I see more than a passing resemblance to many western and russia vehicles- I see a Centauro, a BMP3, a CV9030 and what looks like the new S Korean SPAAG who's name escapes me.

Regards

To that list, I'd add the 8x8 Patria AMV, Rooikat 105, and BAE's 155mm Lightweight Self-Propelled Howitzer.

That "new S Korean SPAAG" -- you're probably thinking of Doosan Infracore's 30mm Bi Ho (Flying Tiger) although that is a tracked system. The IR/radar layout is generallly similar although not the guns' position.

http://defense.doosaninfracore.co.kr/eng/business/Pro_ADS_Biho.aspx

well, i know that the concepts are strongly influenced by todays west/east type vehicles,but......so what???
why reinvent the wheel?the chinese can be proud of what they are achieving/will achieve. ;D...
not only these vehicles will have a domestic market,but also great export chances....esspecially when you consider the price tag difference between chinese vehicles and their eastern/western counterparts.....quality wise it does not have to be inferior,best example was the winning order of the PLZ05 for the kuwaitis...money was not the problem here ;)
i really can´t wait to see the tracked version

stimpy said:
well, i know that the concepts are strongly influenced by todays west/east type vehicles,but......so what???
why reinvent the wheel?the chinese can be proud of what they are achieving/will achieve. ;D...
not only these vehicles will have a domestic market,but also great export chances....esspecially when you consider the price tag difference between chinese vehicles and their eastern/western counterparts.....quality wise it does not have to be inferior,best example was the winning order of the PLZ05 for the kuwaitis...money was not the problem here ;)
i really can´t wait to see the tracked version

Point taken. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The question is: what does such imitation add to the artform, as it were. Using your example, does the PLZ05 contribute something that Uraltransmash's 2S19M1-155 hadn't already provided?

Not that any of this takes away from the great marketing success of Chinese weapons. And it is fascinating to see what is coming down the pike. So, thanks for posting the scans, it was much appreciated.

:(

Seems my computer can't download all the images -- so I'm basically commenting on what I can see. These are very interesting vehicles and they do appear to have been influenced by recent Western design concepts. On the one hand, that seems to prove my contention (on the US FCS Thread -- just realized I have no idea how to hyperlink, sorry!) that the FCS is not the wonder weapon DoD would like us to believe. This is especially true since FCS is based on the premise that we can attain "perfect situational awareness" and kill enemy AFVs before they even know where our forces are located.

On the other hand, I see no indication on the prototypes of the many ESM and EW antennae that would be mounted on a fifth generation AFV that is meant to survive more than a few minutes in combat. Indeed, from the photos it can't even be siad whether the Chinese are mounting recent Russian active defense measures. Of course, this cuts both ways; maybe the PLA has learned one thing that our DoD needs to relearn -- that reinventing the wheel is a bad idea, that "perfect situational awarenes" is a chimera, and that the way to defeat American technological superiority is to rely on common sense (e.g., TURN THE RADIO OFF so AMERICAN SENSORS CAN'T LOCATE US!!!).

OK, Rant over. One more point: the 8X8 also looks a lot like the Swiss Pirhana IV.

I feel so much better now
:)

1695186340929.png 1695186458257.png