Chinese aircraft carrier development

kaiserd

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
China's Future Aircraft Carrier.jpg And these guys?

Attachments

• Comparacion_CV_unknow.jpg
    Comparacion_CV_unknow.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DCwG6JxU0AAx7Ve.jpg
    DCwG6JxU0AAx7Ve.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DHk9wwLXsAIMTNK.jpg
    DHk9wwLXsAIMTNK.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 161
  • PLA CV color guide.jpg
    PLA CV color guide.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 158
  • portaavioneschinso01.jpg
    portaavioneschinso01.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 164
  • portaavioneschinso02.jpg
    portaavioneschinso02.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 153
  • shi-lang-line-1.gif
    shi-lang-line-1.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Type 001A carrier.jpg
    Type 001A carrier.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Type001.png
    Type001.png
    43 KB · Views: 134
  • xi9mXFr.jpg
    xi9mXFr.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 139
Catapults and ski ramp? Why? The drawing suggests the catapult ends at the base of the ramp. At the minimum, this would mean the waist catapults will be different.

Didn't they say they were not using EMALS for any initial build due to technical issues? Or have they now said they have it all figured out and will be using them?

It'll have catapults and a ski ramp and blackjack and hookers and spray ice death from bloody stumps.

Seems criticism of aircraft carriers is OK unless it strays into Chinese shipyards.

I wouldn't attach much reliability to a random fan-drawn pic off the internet. Note what appear to be Okhotniks queueing for takeoff. Same username (wen98) also has pictures of mecha, but I'm fairly sure they won't be rolling out of Chinese arsenals anytime soon.

Yep nice fanart, at least a third of that stuff is kitbashed Shipbucket drawings.
Sadly the real thing is never as cool as fanart.

View attachment 640851Seems like the project before Varyag came to China.
No, it's the now building 003, the island design match the mockup so the actual thing could very well end to look like this picture.
I need to make a correction both you and me. This model was came out at the graduation paper of Meng Xiangyin from Harbin Engineering University in 2010. It was use to do the simulation for airflow field. Maybe it does not relate with any project.