Attachments

• Cartercopter.JPG
    Cartercopter.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 255
Hi,

The Carter Copter design a new gyroplane for high lift,it is in size of
Lockheed C-130,and with main rotor and two engines in the wing
driven two propellers.

Carter proposed the C-130-based Heliplane for the US Army's Joint Heavy Lift concept design study, but did not get a contract. Since then it has shifted its attention to more modest designs - the two- and four-seat "personal air vehicles" seen below.

But a check of the website - http://www.cartercopters.com/ - shows that its ambition to build a bigger aircraft is not dead. There is a new "CH-150 Heliplane" image, attributed to a Czech artist Milan Soukup, who is described as a "fan". Looks substantially different, but still looks like wishful thinking.

There are also several engineering images here:

http://www.cartercopters.com/heliplane_iso.html

DARPA, meanwhile, has a programme called Heliplane under which Groen Brothers is developing a high-speed gyroplane demonstrator...

Attachments

• pav_11g_45ft_iso.jpg
    pav_11g_45ft_iso.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 264
  • pav_12g_gyro_iso.jpg
    pav_12g_gyro_iso.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 243
  • CCHT_GearDown_milan_soukup.jpg
    CCHT_GearDown_milan_soukup.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 375
  • ch-150_iso.jpg
    ch-150_iso.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 266
The C-130 based heliplane was very much aimed at JHL, the specs for which include a seabasing requirement. Groen (teamed with Georgia Tech) was one of the non-selected bidders for the CDA phase (along with Carter and Modus) but DARPA threw some funding its way as a risk-reduction effort in case the Army-led effort went astray (in much the same way as it has been doing with MAV/Tier I).

Groen's newest project, the A700-based heliplane, is ostensibly aimed at meeting the original Phase 2 PRV (now CSAR-X) reqt.

turboshaft said:
The C-130 based heliplane was very much aimed at JHL, the specs for which include a seabasing requirement. Groen (teamed with Georgia Tech) was one of the non-selected bidders for the CDA phase (along with Carter and Modus) but DARPA threw some funding its way as a risk-reduction effort in case the Army-led effort went astray (in much the same way as it has been doing with MAV/Tier I).

Ah! Now I recall the DARPA bit. Thought it rather strange at the time. The seabasing requirement has transmoglified (good technical term that) significantly over the period of the work done for the government.

This topic includes various CarterCopter-related posts from old "generic" threads.

Other CarterCopter-related topics:
  • More on the Gyroplane concepts here.
  • More on the MRE UAV here.
  • More on the CGT-150 Heliplanehere.
  • More on the CC-UCAR here.
CarterCopter's official website: