C3 105mm and M101/33 howitzer packages enquiry please

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
G'day all

I've been following the subject of 'British Projects to replace the 25 Pounder field gun'
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...e-the-25-pounder-field-gun.14838/#post-150327, started by UK 75.

I must admit I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't heard, and hence appriciated the incorporation of the Royal Ordnance L/33 gun on to the ubiquitous M101 carriage, so as to give it a superior effective range performance.
As stated in this topic and other documents,
"the now-defunct RDM Technology BV (Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij) called this their M101/33 package" and
"The C3 was manufactured by RDM Manufacturing of Rotterdam Netherlands and delivered to Canada’s Army Reserve in late 1998".

Can I request whether anyone knows when the "Royal Ordnance L/33 gun" was actually derived?
Also is anyone able to tell me if RDM Technology BV developed this conversion/update earlier than ~'1998', but only managed to gain the Canadian contract in 1998?
Also, if I may, is anyone aware of similar, but earlier dated proposed updates of the M101 105mm howitzer, so as to obtain better firing range?

Regards
Pioneer

Last edited: