• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

C.22J « Caproncino » (later « Ventura ») and other Caproni-Vizzola types

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Unknown to me until now, the Caproni C.22J:

Attachments

Apophenia

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Stéphane: The C22J Ventura was a Caproni-Vizzola product. The C22J was built in prototype form (I-CAVT and I-GIAC). An unbuilt project was the C22R reconnaissance variant.

According to Flight, Agusta planned another 3 pre-production and 20 production C22Js. Note that Flight says that the C22R was to be "launched and recovered like an RPV" which has caused confusion in some quarters where the C22R has been listed as an RPV.
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1986/1986%20-%201821.html

hesham

Reaction score
Stargazer2006 said:

Great find my dear Stargazer,

and also the Caproni-Vizzola sailplanes series; A-10,A-11,A-12,A-14,A-15,A-20
A-21 and A-21J,and anther sailplane,the Caproni-Aviamilano A-2.

hesham

Reaction score
Stargazer2006 said:

Also the Caproni-Vizzola light aircraft for British AST-412 Specification.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3915.msg30740.html#msg30740

Attachments

Nico

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Dear All,
How can I resist from showing-off? Yes, I know I'm a lucky man... the guy on the left seat in the picture of the Caproni Vizzola (then SIAI-Marchetti, then Agusta) C.22J Caproncino (later named Ventura) it's me, driving that delightful little plane. In another photo I'm starting a loop above an islet off my hometown, and in another I'm diving above my home at more than 260 knots. According to the test pilot Paolo Barberis (on the right seat) Capronicino can reach in a dive 325 knots and can pull 7 g (I tried 5 only).
Was a real pity that the programme was abandoned due to some problems in certification of the electrical system (but, in my opinion, also to avoid fratricide competition with SF-260...
Nico

Attachments

archipeppe

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Nico said:
Dear All,
How can I resist from showing-off? Yes, I know I'm a lucky man... the guy on the left seat in the picture of the Caproni Vizzola (then SIAI-Marchetti, then Agusta) C.22J Caproncino (later named Ventura) it's me, driving that delightful little plane. In another photo I'm starting a loop above an islet off my hometown, and in another I'm diving above my home at more than 260 knots. According to the test pilot Paolo Barberis (on the right seat) Capronicino can reach in a dive 325 knots and can pull 7 g (I tried 5 only).
Was a real pity that the programme was abandoned due to some problems in certification of the electrical system (but, in my opinion, also to avoid fratricide competition with SF-260...
Nico

Lucky lucky man (envy mode on)....

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
Nico said:
Dear All,
How can I resist from showing-off?
Can't blame you! I too would be proud if I had flown in such an elegant and rare prototype!

Thanks a lot for sharing these pics!

royalistflyer

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
I was at the 1982 Farnborough show and saw the aircraft there - I immediately fell in love with it. But my opinion wasn't enough.

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
royalistflyer said:
I immediately fell in love with it. But my opinion wasn't enough.
Ah... if looks alone could get an aircraft to work commercially, there'd be plenty more aircraft types in the sky!

I agree with you, this one is a beauty.

Wyvern

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Are there any images of the proposed C22R out there?