C-130 V/STOL modification projects

What about this?

This is a Boeing (IIRC) proposal. Not a C-130, probably belongs in the SENIOR CITIZEN thread.

I don't know, but there's a planview on the wall behind the model you might be interested in trying to tease out...

It looks very close to a McDonnell Douglas ATT/ATTMA design. Probably meant to be a trade show model (hence the funky inlets) as Hughes GSG (Ground Systems Group) was not known for building airplanes.

It looks very close to a McDonnell Douglas ATT/ATTMA design. Probably meant to be a trade show model (hence the funky inlets) as Hughes GSG (Ground Systems Group) was not known for building airplanes.
I worked at Hughes GSG from 79 to 92 as a prototype model maker and had a secret clearance. We did radar mockups for the B-2. So what I am saying is I made a few aircrafts models while there. Yes Hughes GSG was not known for building airplanes but did make radars that went into them.

Attachments

• F-16 _F-4_offspra tilt rotor.jpg
    F-16 _F-4_offspra tilt rotor.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
From, NASA V/STOL Transport Model of 1971,

please notice with me,the same fuselage as C-130,right ?.

Attachments

• 32.png
    32.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 33.png
    33.png
    484.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 34.png
    34.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
What about this?

The frak is that??
I was told it was a C-130 size short takeoff and landing aircraft with 4 down ducked fans that were temporarily powered by the two main jet engines. I was contracted to make this for Wasco display models that were for a military trade show! That's all I know, other than a rumor that two full size airframes were made but the first one crashed in a valley test flight then the program was canceled!

COMSEC Top SecretWhat about this?
Neat looks... Seems to have 4 lift fans, or is it engines? In contrast the MDD ATTMA features 6 lift engines.
I worked at Hughes GSG from 79 to 92 as a prototype model maker and had a secret clearance. We did radar mockups for the B-2. So what I am saying is I made a few aircrafts models while there. Yes Hughes GSG was not known for building airplanes but did make radars that went into them.
funky inlets< look closely at what the B-2 at what the inlets look like inside. btw I did not do this for Hughes AC but I did also worked on Sea Shadow, and here is a pic of my 1983 COMSEC Secret clearance- Sunracer- Tagos 19 big hit at the trade show won 30mil contract first commissioned as Victorious-a fit check console model that could easily be picked up by one person and the LHX also made 3d maps of the gulf war a year or more before it happened. you'll never guess what my hobby was, this may sound kinda brash>but getting paid for my hobby and only had one full-time job 1997-2015

Attachments

• Vics COMSEC Top Secret.jpg
    Vics COMSEC Top Secret.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Sunracer.jpg
    Sunracer.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 84
  • TAGOS 19.jpg
    TAGOS 19.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 87
  • Vic With Consol.jpg
    Vic With Consol.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 84
  • Vics copter.jpg
    Vics copter.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
Of course not,

I am not so old just discovered it,and I will send to you the source tomorrow.

Last edited:
I love that console. You would be a great asset for fan replicas of starship bridges. Now could the autogyro of Groen be used in concert with the jet pods under the wing? They might be sacrificed on the ground to push up against a rising C-130 Gyrodyne for rescue. Heavy batteries in pods left on the ground with cables to spin up the big rotor via umbilicals eliminating the weight penalty? Umbilicals and sacrifice pods might be a way to get hostages out...cables out once the plane is under way. With the new Fusion magnet tech eliminating the gearbox and also left on the ground. All the Herc keeps is the rotor and drive shaft. We hear a lot about making rockets more like airplanes. For emergency extractions with a lot of mass...expendability might be key,

Last edited:
Of course not,
Of course not,

well you said > please notice with me,the same fuselage as C-130,right ?.(Its all good!) I am 62 but I was a kid then LOL

From this report,

the picture # 14 is called GL-293-6.

Attachments

• 13.png
    13.png
    337.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 14.png
    14.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 15.png
    15.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 29