BOR/Uragan

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Can anybody help with a copy/scan/pdf file of the article “Dvulikiy Yanus BOR-Uragan” from the Russian space magazine “Novosti kosmonavtika” June 2006, written by Afanasyev and Lukashevich? I expect new information regarding the Uragan spaceplane.

Here we go. Main thing you must understand that there were no such thing as Uragan:)

BTW, if you are nutty about this stuff, here's many new details of BOR-4 retrieval operations in Indian Ocean at Vadim Lukashevitch site.
http://www.buran.ru/htm/str135-1.htm

Attachments

• NK2006-06-.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 159
Thanks a lot for your quick response, flateric :).

In the article further ones are mentioned:

NK 7/2000 pg 71/72
NK 10/2003 pg 68/69

Can you help again?

Where can I find more details on the project "ZO5-1" (or "305-1" ???) ?

flateric said:
Here we go. Main thing you must understand that there were no such thing as Uragan:)

There must have been a Uragan project at some point. This model and related text are from Летательные аппараты МАИ, published in 1994:

Attachments

• Uragan.jpg
    Uragan.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 380
Stargazer2006 said:
flateric said:

There must have been a Uragan project at some point. This model and related text are from Летательные аппараты МАИ, published in 1994:

Are you sure that it is not a fake?
It seems to be an odd mixture among a sort of space shuttle and a MBB/Rockwell X-31....

Stargazer2006 said:
There must have been a Uragan project at some point.

This is student's project. I even doubt it ever had some serious calculations at background. And of course, it has no relationship to mythical 'Uragan' interceptor.

archipeppe said:
Are you sure that it is not a fake?
It seems to be an odd mixture among a sort of space shuttle and a MBB/Rockwell X-31....

This was taken straight from Летательные аппараты МАИ ("Lyetatelneye Apparate MAI" or "MAI aircraft"), by Yu. V. Makarov, published in 1994.
As the book is packed with photos and information that are wholly reliable, I very much doubt that this particular one could be a fake!

"Bronze medal at NTTM-78 Youth Scientific-Technical Creativity exhibition. Model was then exhibited at Havana during International Youth & Students Festival."
Surely it has something to do with secret space program - just like attached)

Makarov was my faculty dean, btw ;)

Attachments

• mk1978_07.jpg
    mk1978_07.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 268
I first dicovered the Uragan mini shuttle in Soviet Military Power in the eighties. It would have been launched by Zenit rocket. At the begining of the nineties, I was in several meeting to speak with Russians about studies' contract for Hermes spaceplane. I asked to the russian engineers if Uragan exists? They confirmed several times Uragan program with two model in LII Gromov. Initially, Bor was not a demonstrator for Buran shuttle.
During its training in Star City, French TV filmed cosmonaut J.P. Haigneré with Afanassiev (1994 or 1995?) and this Russian cosmonaut wore a strange badge with its name and the name of unknown cosmonaut. In the patch there was also a Bor-like lifting-body, the Uragan mini shuttle.
Many projects should be taken into account by historians, for example the sprawling Aerospaceplane program in the United States in the 1960s, or the NDV (Nasp Derived Vehicle), but also the strange French space plane project Veras which remains classified for 50 years ...

I first dicovered the Uragan mini shuttle in Soviet Military Power in the eighties. It would have been launched by Zenit rocket. At the begining of the nineties, I was in several meeting to speak with Russians about studies' contract for Hermes spaceplane. I asked to the russian engineers if Uragan exists? They confirmed several times Uragan program with two model in LII Gromov. Initially, Bor was not a demonstrator for Buran shuttle.
During its training in Star City, French TV filmed cosmonaut J.P. Haigneré with Afanassiev (1994 or 1995?) and this Russian cosmonaut wore a strange badge with its name and the name of unknown cosmonaut. In the patch there was also a Bor-like lifting-body, the Uragan mini shuttle.
Many projects should be taken into account by historians, for example the sprawling Aerospaceplane program in the United States in the 1960s, or the NDV (Nasp Derived Vehicle), but also the strange French space plane project Veras which remains classified for 50 years ...

We are little tired to repeat over and over again: no, there was any "uragan" project of sorta.
It is a myth.
It is a fake.
It never existed.

Hope to be clear here....