djfawcett
With Enough Power, Anything Will Fly
- Joined
- 16 December 2012
- Messages
- 324
- Reaction score
- 576
Lets put this into perspective, they are going to build a good based natural gas turbine for power generation to be used as the back-up system for the data centers. They plan to make billions, and then use the money to build an SST, that supposedly will flying by 2030. This is not being optimistic, this is more in the category of "Merlin and fairy dust time".
I really wanted to see them successful in developing their aircraft. But the path they are choosing pretty much defines what the investment community is believing ......... maybe a chance at a power generation system, but huge odds against building an SST, and for sure never by 2030. Sorry for those that want to believe. I was in that group until they laid off or fired almost all of the engineering staff other than those required to develop the power turbine, and several aero folks. From what I am seeing, their actions seem more like a desperate reach, rather than a planned course of aircraft development. But time will tell.
I really wanted to see them successful in developing their aircraft. But the path they are choosing pretty much defines what the investment community is believing ......... maybe a chance at a power generation system, but huge odds against building an SST, and for sure never by 2030. Sorry for those that want to believe. I was in that group until they laid off or fired almost all of the engineering staff other than those required to develop the power turbine, and several aero folks. From what I am seeing, their actions seem more like a desperate reach, rather than a planned course of aircraft development. But time will tell.