Boeing space and aerospace artwork

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Original Boeing Viking lander model photo negative found on eBay.

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Boeing-Voyager-Lander-Model-Photo-Negative-NR_W0QQitemZ330393551860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecfd83f4

Description:
This auction is for an actual photograph negative slide of the Voyager Model created at Boeing. This could be used to make awesome prints, as most all these are on Kodak Safety Film. It measures 10" X 8". This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. This one reads VIKING (MARS 73) on the upper right portion of the frame. What a great shot! Could be used to reconstruct the model. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

Attachments

• !BjC348!B2k~$(KGrHqEH-D8Escw50UTTBLR5DvFFbg~~_3.jpg
    !BjC348!B2k~$(KGrHqEH-D8Escw50UTTBLR5DvFFbg~~_3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 25
Re: Many Boeing space and aerospace concepts: negatives and prints

Another original Boeing Viking lander model photo negative found on eBay.

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Boeing-Voyager-Lander-Model-Photo-Negative-NR_W0QQitemZ330393547138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecfd7182

Description:
This auction is for an actual photograph negative slide of the Voyager Model created at Boeing. This could be used to make awesome prints, as most all these are on Kodak Safety Film. It measures 10" X 8". This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. This one reads VIKING LANDER on the upper right portion of the frame. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

Please examine supersize photos and email with any questions or for more pictures.

Attachments

• !BjCzmIQ!mk~$(KGrHqQH-CoEs-qyS+IeBLR42gBpD!~~_3.jpg
    !BjCzmIQ!mk~$(KGrHqQH-CoEs-qyS+IeBLR42gBpD!~~_3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 20

http://shop.ebay.com/vestibule10/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Whole bunch of stuff here, AWACS, HLH, SST and more.

Attachments

• AWACS.jpg
    AWACS.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 28
  • SST.jpg
    SST.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 26
  • VG.jpg
    VG.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40

any info about the VG design, it looks like a MiG 701 relative. Was it a TFX design?

Navy 737 Tailhook Carrier Deck Landing Concept Negative

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/Navy-737-Tailhook-Carrier-Deck-Landing-Concept-Negative_W0QQitemZ330393537603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecfd4c43

Description:
This auction is for an actual photograph negative slide of a concept US Navy 737 landing on a carrier deck. The artist's signature, Fetterly is present in the negative. This could be used to make awesome prints, as most all these are on Kodak Safety Film. It measures 10" X 8". This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. This one is in a mylar protective sheath with some printer's notes on the exterior. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

Attachments

• !BjCuu5!CGk~$(KGrHqIH-DQEs777iVdbBLR4nub5U!~~_3.jpg
    !BjCuu5!CGk~$(KGrHqIH-DQEs777iVdbBLR4nub5U!~~_3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 23

pometablava said:
any info about the VG design, it looks like a MiG 701 relative. Was it a TFX design?

We don't know. This is the Seller's Description:

This auction is for a vintage Boeing photograph of an aircraft concept by Bill Ryan of what I think is probably a Dyna Soar, although I am not sure. It has an inventory number on the back WA1660. I do not have the original negative to this one and the color seems off to me, but per4haps it is as intended. It is printed on vintage photo Paper. It measures 10" X 8". This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

Original Boeing Voyager Mission Profile Photo Negative

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Boeing-Voyager-Mission-Profile-Photo-Negative_W0QQitemZ330393347073QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecfa6401

This auction is for an actual photograph negative slide of the Voyager Mission Profile used in GSS Presentation to the Board of Directors on February 27th 1967. This could be used to make awesome prints, as most all these are on Kodak Safety Film. It measures 10" X 8". This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. This one reads SPACE DIVISION Used by the GSS in Presentation to the Board of Directors February 27 1967 on the upper right portion of the frame. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

NOTE: This the Voyager to Mars program from the 1960s that was canceled. Not to be confused with the later Voyager program to the outer planets.

Attachments

• !BjCjiRQB2k~$(KGrHqQH-DQEs+cV,F0PBLR4Fg624!~~_3.jpg
    !BjCjiRQB2k~$(KGrHqQH-DQEs+cV,F0PBLR4Fg624!~~_3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 14

Official Boeing SST Potter Concept Art Negative - NR

URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-Boeing-SST-Potter-Concept-Art-Negative-NR_W0QQitemZ330393582070QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecfdf9f6

This auction is for an original Boeing, 8" X 10", color negative of a concept, CAD design of the SST. It was done by Potter and the signature appears in the negative. This is one of many color negatives and other items from the estate of a Boeing engineer I will be listing in the coming days. Many are labeled as having been used in various "presentations to the Board of Directors" from the late 60's to early 70's and are in cardboard frames, some are not. This one is labeled Used by GSS in presentation to the Board of Directors 12-11-67 on the top left corner of its frame. Watch my upcoming auctions for many more related items! I will be happy to combine shipping on any of these negatives.

Attachments

• !BjDPdbQBmk~$(KGrHqQH-E!Es9usjt3PBLR6MklF5w~~_3.jpg
    !BjDPdbQBmk~$(KGrHqQH-E!Es9usjt3PBLR6MklF5w~~_3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 13

Can someone please verify whether the model at the beginning of this topic is of the Voyager Mars lander or the Viking Mars lander? The Seller identifies it as both the Voyager and the Viking. AFAIK the design of the two landers is very similar.

I'm bidding for:

HLH
737 COD
707 AWACS with Radome on tail
FB-111 Launching SRAM

My scanner has a negative/slide scanning capability; So I'll of course be uploading fairly high quality scans of them if/when I get 'em.

OK, I'm feeling the hovercraft concept. It seems to have a quasi-Sea Shadow's thing going on .Though I'm not sure the turbines on the fantail would qualify as stealthy. And I'm not sure what it's mission would be. It seems a little light on armament.

As for the naval 737 concept, YGBSM! No wonder it stayed a concept. As a former DC Team member on my old ship, I'd get the heebie-jeebies every time I'd ever see one of those land. God forbid any impact with the island. That was my repair locker's area of responsibility!

Yeesh!

Moonbat