• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Boeing 777X

galgot

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
And this apply to every environment in fact.
How many time do we see enterprises or states going into trouble because the guys under the "boss" blindly say yes to any decisions . Not only for fear of being fired or punished, but for hope of a promotion.
That is how you see ignorants taking management places because the "boss" likes the obedient, then themselves appoint the most obedient.
It works until the system is hit by a big problem (mostly caused by accumulations of "yes" to stupid decisions made by ignorants) , and the system falls. Best example was Soviet Union.

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
Boeing having second thought about automated assembly.
After enduring a manufacturing mess that spanned six years and cost millions of dollars as it implemented a large-scale robotic system for automated assembly of the 777 fuselage, Boeing has abandoned the robots and will go back to relying more on its human machinists.
Boeing said Wednesday it is reverting to an older approach that “has proven more reliable, requiring less work by hand and less rework, than what the robots were capable of.”
More at the link.

DWG

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Seems like FAUB might have been better rendered AFLUB. Having to re-do rivet holes, each a potential weak spot, is not a good thing.

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
Fuselage Upright Build Assembly Robots. There's an acronym for that.

TomS

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Fuselage Upright Build Assembly Robots. There's an acronym for that.
To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer...

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
You know, I wonder just how Boeing make so many fouled up decisions. Almost like they had help, or bribery at the highest level........

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
And this apply to every environment in fact.
How many time do we see enterprises or states going into trouble because the guys under the "boss" blindly say yes to any decisions . Not only for fear of being fired or punished, but for hope of a promotion.
That is how you see ignorants taking management places because the "boss" likes the obedient, then themselves appoint the most obedient.
It works until the system is hit by a big problem (mostly caused by accumulations of "yes" to stupid decisions made by ignorants) , and the system falls. Best example was Soviet Union.
I'd hate to work in that kind of environment. We don't have any problem saying, "the f--k you say?" albeit much more politely....most of the time. ;)