Reddington777
ACCESS: Top Secret
- Joined
- 23 March 2025
- Messages
- 865
- Reaction score
- 2,893
Harken back to that old ESAV ppt slide from NG describing parametric aircraft design with a certain planform.
Software has most certainly come leaps and bounds since then. If it were related, it wouldnt be surprsing, but I still dont think its F4 or F35 kind of closeness.
I dont see how its physically possible to make a mulitrole strike fighter into an air superiority fighter let alone a strike leaning fighter.
I can see things going from an air superiority fighter to a strike fighter maybe, but if it is the case at all, then they came up with an optimal starting planform from which two related but different planforms were derived to fulfill each role.
Something something digital engineering.
Software has most certainly come leaps and bounds since then. If it were related, it wouldnt be surprsing, but I still dont think its F4 or F35 kind of closeness.
I dont see how its physically possible to make a mulitrole strike fighter into an air superiority fighter let alone a strike leaning fighter.
I can see things going from an air superiority fighter to a strike fighter maybe, but if it is the case at all, then they came up with an optimal starting planform from which two related but different planforms were derived to fulfill each role.
Something something digital engineering.