Blohm und Voss P.203

lucamax said:
Wow! Thanks a lot for sharing!
Do you also have more info about the project?

My dear Lucamax,please see;

http://www.luft46.com/bv/bvp203.html

newsdeskdan said:
kiradog said:
mixed engine bomber

Clean version direct from the P.203 brochure…

Bv%20203.jpg
Do you have a bigger sized version of this? :)

It is worth mentioning that the P 203 was not intended as a bomber aircraft but as (according to the original Blohm & Voss brochure) a "Zerstoerer" (heavy fighter / bomber destroyer), "Schnellkaempfer" (attack aircraft) and Nachtjaeger (night fighter). It was to be constructed in typical Richard Vogt manner as a (predominantly) steel construction with production efficiency in mind (left and right wing center sections were interchangeable, etc.) without sacrificing aerodynamic efficiency.

Hi Basil,

It is worth mentioning that the P 203 was not intended as a bomber aircraft but as (according to the original Blohm & Voss brochure) a "Zerstoerer" (heavy fighter / bomber destroyer), "Schnellkaempfer" (attack aircraft) and Nachtjaeger (night fighter).

Well, "Schnellkämpfer" is short for "Schnellkampfflugzeug", or "fast bomber", so I'd not say it was not intended as a bomber :)

An attack aircraft would be described as "Schlachtflugzeug" or "Schlächter", or maybe as "Erdkampfflugzeug" (though I'm not sure off the top of my hat whether the last one really is a WW2 term).

But Vogt's intention really was economical production, and having a multi-purpose type of course helped with that, so that's really a very minor point I'm raising.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Basil,

It is worth mentioning that the P 203 was not intended as a bomber aircraft but as (according to the original Blohm & Voss brochure) a "Zerstoerer" (heavy fighter / bomber destroyer), "Schnellkaempfer" (attack aircraft) and Nachtjaeger (night fighter).

Well, "Schnellkämpfer" is short for "Schnellkampfflugzeug", or "fast bomber", so I'd not say it was not intended as a bomber :)

An attack aircraft would be described as "Schlachtflugzeug" or "Schlächter", or maybe as "Erdkampfflugzeug" (though I'm not sure off the top of my hat whether the last one really is a WW2 term).

But Vogt's intention really was economical production, and having a multi-purpose type of course helped with that, so that's really a very minor point I'm raising.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Yes, it was intended as a multirole aircraft, similar to the spectrum covered by the Ju 88.