Beriev P-10B

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
ucon, a question to you:

The designs from the Beriev OKB are well described in several books, but the P-10B is still a mystery for me. Can you give us more details on this sea-based aircraft project?

Thank you in advance ;) .

Attachments

• Berijew P-10B.JPG
    Berijew P-10B.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 902
Dear Boxkite!
It is not a mystery project - some detailes you may find in the book "TANTK aircraft 1945-1968" by Panatov, p.10. As far as I know, you have this book)
Let me have a bit more time to look through my archive, I definitely have some materials. Simple just now I am very busy with finishing the book about M-19. Sorry for half an answer.
Regards

ucon said:
Dear Boxkite!
It is not a mystery project - some detailes you may find in the book "TANTK aircraft 1945-1968" by Panatov, p.10. As far as I know, you have this book)
Let me have a bit more time to look through my archive, I definitely have some materials. Simple just now I am very busy with finishing the book about M-19. Sorry for half an answer.
Regards

Yes, I have all volumes, but the P-10B is just mentioned in the 'foreword', not in the part with the type by type descriptions. So, I place my hopes in you, ucon ;) .

Dear Boxkite!
Nothing special news for you according to P-10B.
Today I had call to Mr. Fortinov (deputy General Designer TANTK), who is the oldest designer in Beriev DB since 1949 (you may read his memoires "Simple Constructor" in www.avicopress.ru).
He told, that P-10B was only paper project by Anatoly Grigorievich Bogatyrev. It was done only 2-3 pix even without avantproject description. Engines were NK-8.
He also mentioned that there was an article by G. M. Beriev and A. G. Bogatyrev in soviet magazine "Life and science" No3-1963 where was additional pic and short story of this aircraft.
I try to find this ussue.
Sorry, but it's all what I can tell you for now.
Best regards

ucon said:
Dear Boxkite!
Nothing special news for you according to P-10B.
Today I had call to Mr. Fortinov (deputy General Designer TANTK), who is the oldest designer in Beriev DB since 1949 (you may read his memoires "Simple Constructor" in www.avicopress.ru).
He told, that P-10B was only paper project by Anatoly Grigorievich Bogatyrev. It was done only 2-3 pix even without avantproject description. Engines were NK-8.
He also mentioned that there was an article by G. M. Beriev and A. G. Bogatyrev in soviet magazine "Life and science" No3-1963 where was additional pic and short story of this aircraft.
I try to find this ussue.
Sorry, but it's all what I can tell you for now.
Best regards

Type of engines and name of the designer are new to me - thank you for your efforts. Is it the same engineer Bogatyryev who designed several ekranoplan layouts for the Beriev OKB? One of the P-10B artworks (Самолёты ТАНТК им. Г. М. Бериева 1945-1968 / page 10) make me thinking the aircraft could be take-off from a submarine due to the JATO rocket under the fuselage of the flying-boat - a take-off from the waterline should be impossible with such a rocket ... ???

Hi,

http://alternathistory.com/proekt-sverkhzvukovogo-samoleta-dlya-podvodnykh-lodok-p-10b

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.png
    2.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 3.png
    3.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 234