Bensen B-19 and B-20

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
The plans of what I think was Bensen's final Gyro-Glider/Gyro-Copter design, the B-19/B-20 are offered for free download on the Ultraligero.net website.

Does anyone know if the B-19 and its powered B-20 variant ever resulted in a built aircraft? I have never seen any picture of either. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

The plans are authored by a company called Vortech, which owns the rights to these plans. They have an important disclaimer on their page, which explains why there will not be newly-built Bensen Gyros ever again:

Please note: Although Vortech has available reproductions of the manuals and prints for the Bensen Gyros, these materials are not sold for the construction from scratch of one of these aircraft since Bensen Aircraft is no longer in business and the technical support for safe operation is not available. The manuals and prints are only sold to individuals that own one of these aircraft and need these reference materials. (The listings for Bensen materials are at Vortech Books.)

More on Vortech on their official site and their Bensen page.

Also see my topic on Bensen models and designations on this forum.

Attachments

• B-19.gif
    B-19.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 112
  • B-20.gif
    B-20.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 115
  • vortech.jpg
    vortech.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 109
Specs and images for the B-19 and B-20 are provided at these links:

Has anyone got the build plans for the Bensen B-19/20 Gyrocopter?
I am very fascinated by the idea of building a bare bones gyrocopter that gets the job done and is safe. All the websites I come across look like they were built when the internet was invented. It's hard to tell what is a scam and what designs actually work. Does anyone know a reputable resource for building and obtaining plans for a gyrocopter?