BAE Taranis UCAS

Ah, the 90s, none of that Google mullarky. Had to talk to folk - face-to-face or on the phone. Write proper letters even. With a pen.
Deltas were a popular subject, especially in NW England. One bloke called Tim Matthews became particularly exercised about what was going on at Warton. He used to get into heated arguments with a retired BAE chap whose name escapes me.
I also recall some footage appearing in the late 90s that was supposedly from a UAV flying over a range and it included the video feed and telemetry. Then there was the snap of a grey object flying up a valley near Bolton (I think) that was never identified.

Och, I've gone all nostalgic now. I might even have a look at a Fortean Times next time I'm in WH Smiths. Not as funny as it use to be. Or is that Viz?

Signed

Rowley Birkin QC

Reminds me of eyewitness accounts from airline pilots inbound to Manchester Ringway in the mid to late 90s of (as the tabloids stated) a silent Vulcan and claims it must be out of this world as it flew extreme manuvers. I figured it be an unmanned demonstrator out of BAE Warton.

cheers