Avions De Combats Francais (1944-1960) Tome I & Tome II

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Avions De Combats Francais (1944-1960) Tome I : Chasse -Assaut
Cuny, Jean
1988 - 290 pages
ISBN : 2-84890-064-4
http://www.editions-lariviere.fr/site/livre-les-avions-de-combat-francais-1944-1960--1312-191.html
for 47,26 € or $64,8

Avions De Combats Francais (1944-1960) Tome II : Chasse Lourde, Bombardement, Assaut, Exploration
Cuny, Jean
1989 - 280 pages
ISBN-13: 978-2848900643
ISBN-10: 2848900644

the book is on Amazon france for 38€ or $52

some art from Tome II
index.php

index.php

Are you positively, absolutely, sure ?
The two tome Cuny's opus is a must, BUT, the two ATAR projects depicted come from an article in Le Fanà of some year ago.... they refer to the German-staffed team ATAR acquired post-war when they started to work with turbojets.

Yes, i have the two books and the article of Le Fana. And there is nothing about these two drawings in the 2nd book :-\

Indeed. I have the two books thanks to the generosity of a forum member, and they are great, but don't have those pics in.

overscan said:
Indeed. I have the two books thanks to the generosity of a forum member, and they are great, but don't have those pics in.

uups My error, sorry ....

but it is a nice suprice to find the Volume are still available !

.. and it seems, the price hasn't risen during the last ten years. It was relative
expensive, when I bought it, now that's a bargain price !

The pics are from Le Fana of september 2002 (don't ask me the number!) with the Late 631 on the cover...

Yes I have those book,too and surprise to see Michel Van's post. :eek:
I am waiting for post 1960 edition. ;D
I also have 'MIRAGE Ⅳ Le bombardier strategique' , HERVE BEAUMONT , DOVAVIA.(very expensive!)
In this book you can see three side view of 4 engined MIRAGE Ⅳ (MIRAGE Ⅳ 02 VERSION C).

Unfortunately, Monsieur Cuny passed away in a strange car accident almost ten years ago. He amassed a big amount of projects material post 1960, saving archives that were doomed to destruction (Cuny was famous in the aviation historians circle for his calling some industry managers "imbecils" for their mismanagement of companies' cultural heritage). In recent year some of this material has been used by other authors. For example, the first volume of the Mirage F1 history here often cited wouldn't be possible w/o that source.

(Cuny was famous in the aviation historians circle for his calling some industry managers "imbecils" for their mismanagement of companies' cultural heritage)

I agree with that words. Cultural heritage preservation is capital.

"Cultural heritage preservation is capital"

I think the problem still is, that aviation, especially from more recent times and
even more MILITARY aviation, isn't regarded as culture by many people ! :(

Do you know the look on the face of some people, standing in front of your
bookshelf, reading the titles, finding a lot of military themes amongst them and
then silently saying "militarist" ? ;D

blackkite said:
Yes I have those book,too and surprise to see Michel Van's post. :eek:
I am waiting for post 1960 edition. ;D
I also have 'MIRAGE Ⅳ Le bombardier strategique' , HERVE BEAUMONT , DOVAVIA.(very expensive!)
In this book you can see three side view of 4 engined MIRAGE Ⅳ (MIRAGE Ⅳ 02 VERSION C).

:eek:

I look for a drawing of this 4 engined plane since years... 80 euros is very expensive yes... But I must maybe to begin a search of this book that i never opened :-\

Skybolt said:
Unfortunately, Monsieur Cuny passed away in a strange car accident almost ten years ago.
What a pity! He was a man of too much knowledge. :'(

Do you know the look on the face of some people, standing in front of your
bookshelf, reading the titles, finding a lot of military themes amongst them and
then silently saying "militarist" ?
You know, Jens, when this happens I revel in it ;D

Hi Deltafan! This is the book which you need.

Attachments

• mirage4-1.jpg
    mirage4-1.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi Deltafan! This is the book which you need.

http://www.amazon.fr/Mirage-bombardier-stratégique-Hervé-Beaumont/dp/2914205023

Actuellement indisponible.
Nous ne savons pas quand cet article sera de nouveau approvisionné ni s'il le sera.

Thanks Blackkite :)

I knew the book but i thought that there was nothing interesting for me in it... Mistake... :-\