Apophenia's website on 'X' designs

Jschmus

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Apophenia said:
Thanks Pometablava.

The Bell images were part of a site I was mounting of 'X' designs. I did the XP-39 (aft cockpit), XP-52, XP-59, XP-38 variations, etc. I had just started on bombers (XB-30) when my IP tanked ...

That was your site? I used to have that bookmarked on my old computer, and lost it when the system died. It's nice to see you're still around. Thanks for the images.

Thanks Jschmus. Good to know ... I had no way of tracking whether anyone was looking at that site. ;D

Here's a few more of those oldies.

Attachments

• XP-47x.jpg
    XP-47x.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 518
  • XP-39x.jpg
    XP-39x.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 474
Umm, the guy has only Wings 1971-1996 and Airpower 1971-1998 left.. still interested ? It's 140 plus 140 plus shipping .. Look at your messages.

pometablava said:
Thanks for the link Pometablava. I suppose you beat me to the paper collection offer!?!...
Apophenia,
..., it's a pleasure to be in the forum with artists like you. Thanks again for that great XP-59 render.
Completely united with Pometablava, THANK YOU Apophenia for small joys.(Indeed big work!)

Good to have you here Apophenia.

As far as I rember , besides your Bell ,Messerschmitt and Lockheed projects and descriptions
there was also something in the planning stage.

Did it ever saw the light of the day ;D

Hi Lark,

I was working on the XB-31 (never finished) and a section on Russian fighters (which may be on a disc somewhere). The only other US fighters that I finished were Mustangs but that was more 'what if' than secret project. I had planned to do more US XP- fighters but never got that far.

Since there is a disc 'somewhere' we still may hope... ;)

Apophenia, yor work is beautiful - is it up on a website currently?

Thanks Nick!

That site isn't mounted right now (I have less webspace these days and a non-aviation site won the toss). Since finding the "Secret Projects" forum, I've also realized how little I actually know about these unbuilt aircraft by comparison with others!

Topic split from an old thread and moved here for the sake of archiving our members' work.

Although very few images from Apophenia's sites seem to have remained, here is a set of forum topics related to his works:
I'm sure there must be more of his works around here, so apophenia, if you have more to share, you can add them here and we'll move the topic to the User Artwork section. Alternately, we can also merge all the above threads into one if you so wish.