• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

any drawing/wooden model of Schlachtschiff F and G during their conception?

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I'm talking about the bismarck an tirpitz,I didn't find anything on the internet concerning the drawing and wooden model who were made during their conception (my french source mention a tirpitz wooden model with a bow like the one who was there when the bismarck was launch)

pf matthews

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
The following is from Breyers 'Battleships and Battlecruiser 1905-1970, English version of his Schlachtschiffe und Schlachtkreuzer 1905-1970.
I had this book many years ago, and due to 'overuse' it eventually fell apart. I did however preserve the principle contents (for personal use) on my PC. I know that it is a very dated source of information now, and that some of the line drawings are now known not to be 100% accurate, it is still an excellent source work.
That taken in mind, here is the dear wing of the early Bismarck design from the publication:

Bismarck evolution.png

Tzoli

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Sadly Bismarck's design history is more shrouded then Yamato's!! we lack the knowledge of the various preliminary studies the designers prepared, which is weird as we know a ton of never were battlecarrier and cruisercarrier designs!

sgeorges4

Reaction score
Schlachtschiff F and G concept

sgeorges4

Reaction score
Schlachtschiff F and G superstructure from "19 -Pancerniki typu bismarck cz.5 - bismarck tirpitz"
Schlachtschiff F und G.jpg