Antonov An-2-100

Cy-27

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Antonov have just announced a new variant of the ubiquitous Antonov An-2 utility biplane designated the An-2-100.

see http://www.antonov.com/news/264

It is powered by a Motor Sich MS-14 turboprop fuelled with aviation kerosene to improve profitablity. It has been given the name of "Henri Ongirski" after a Deputy General Designer on the An-2/An-3 programme development.

The new variant first flew on 10 July 2013.

Very interesting but I can't find the news. Is it on the first page?

Top news item (at the time of writing)...

Does that make it the oldest airframe still being marketed? I have a feeling it is.

Statistics show that the original, radial-engined AN-2 crashes barely fast enough to kill you.

"For the parachute jump over Varadero Beach, on Cuba's north shore, our team would be flying in an old Russian aircraft, an Antonov An-2 biplane from the late 1950s. "The writing on the gauges was in Cyrillic," our group's pilot told me. He paid careful attention to the instrument dials. "Over the years, there [have] been 622 An-2 accidents, claiming 774 lives,: he said. "At least that's what's officially reported.""
From Annie Jacobsen's book "Surprise, Kill, Vanish, the secret history of CIA paramilitary armies, operators and assassins." (Little, Brown and Company, NY, 2019).