American Secret Projects: Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft OUT NOW!!

Aviation Bookshop brought some down from Telford to Keith Manning's Plane Fair
on Sunday at Kempton Park.

Nice book, enjoyed my bus ride home. Lots of exciting stuff and of course many leads
for new research.

UK 75

And there is my name on a variety of captions... thanx Tony !!!!

German amazon wrote: not until 25.December...a gift for christmas ;D

sferrin said:
Not available until January here in the US. ??? :p :'(

Yes - it is being sent surface mail - it is normal to take a couple of months.

If you want a book quickly you should always order it in the publishing country.

Received my copy a few days ago. Excellent as expected. I really like the chapter on ground attack aircraft myself - lots of turboprops I didn't have a clue about previously.

Yes - it is being sent surface mail - it is normal to take a couple of months.

If you want a book quickly you should always order it in the publishing country.

Yeah, I decided I couldn't stand it anymore. I cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered it from a seller in the UK. Should have done it earlier; it would have been here by now.

Amazon.de wrote: not on 25.December... monday 30.November ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know I haven't even recieved my copy of ASP:Bombers yet and I know of 2 more books Tony is doing after it, but I was wondering if he has considered doing a ASP #3 like BSP #3 covering late pre-war and wartime projects?

AL said:
I know I haven't even recieved my copy of ASP:Bombers yet and I know of 2 more books Tony is doing after it, but I was wondering if he has considered doing a ASP #3 like BSP #3 covering late pre-war and wartime projects?

What other 2 books is Tony doing?

Received mine this Thursday thanks to Waterstones. Only charging £17.95 too!

Great book, certainly what I expected from Tony, great research and easy to read while getting to grips with those projects. Nine years of research is dedication. It shows in the book, probably one of the best in the series. Eventually I'll read the USA, Soviet and British books side-by-side just for the comparisons.

From: "order-update@amazon.com" <order-update@amazon.... [Add to Address Book]
Subject: Your Amazon.com order Date: Dec 16, 2010 12:08 AM
Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

Tony Buttler "American Secret Projects: Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945 to 1974"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 27 2011 - January 29 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 21 2010 - December 27 2010

Amazon.com advised me from the start of order (many months ago) that it would not be available until January 2011 or later. When I, very recently, heard it was available earlier through amazon.uk I was surprised. I cancelled my orders through .com and ordered from .uk. Also suited me since postage from UK is much faster. The book arrived about 2 weeks after ordering from .uk. (as did 2 others re-ordered).

Mine arrived today. Excellent book. Some of the info is covered more in depth in other books, but it is a great comprehensive overview and the "Unknown North American Fighter Bomber" is awesome. I really like the turboprop Cutlass as well. I also liked.... ;)

It really is excellent. ;D

OMG, great news! My book was shipped today. Won't be here by Christmas but better than February.

Merry Christmas all!

I received my copy on December 23. I like it very much, but I was still more than a bit disappointed in the book. I guess I was expecting more information; something more along the line of Scott Lowther's "U.S. Bomber Projects." I hope he reconsiders and goes ahead with the project.

Okay, I'm the least knowledgable of you guys, but I was also a bit disappointed by this book. I had hoped for more and better drawings. I don't think it is quite as good as earlier volumes, when one expects better. But it is still a very worthwhile and treasured book. Likewise, I am eagerly awaiting Lowther's magnum opus.

I was a little disappointed at coverage of specific programs I was hoping to find in there - e.g. Tony didn't find much more on TFX. However, its still a very good book.

Just had my copy delivered today ;D
Unfortunately, my wife said I can not have it until my Birthday - as she brought it! :(

Regards
Pioneer

The book came today. Very good and up to Mr Buttler's usual work.

I empathize wth Pioneer, as my wife made comments on why I had the book so close to Christmas, and had to explain I ordered it in February 2010.

As I am beginning to read this book, I am thinking ...... Will Mr Buttler have an "American Secret Projects -- Fighters & Bombers 1935 - 1950" in the offering soon?

SaturnCanuck said:
As I am beginning to read this book, I am thinking ...... Will Mr Buttler have an "American Secret Projects -- Fighters & Bombers 1935 - 1950" in the offering soon?

Why "Bombers" again? Doesn't this book cover the topic in its entirety?

Anyway, given that Mr. Buttler did two books on British Secret Projects (Bombers and Fighters) it would seem pretty logical to complement the series with an American Secret Projects - Fighters offering.

Fighters.

Attachments

• ASP-Fighters.jpg
    ASP-Fighters.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 305
Stargazer2006 said:
SaturnCanuck said:

Why "Bombers" again? Doesn't this book cover the topic in its entirety?

Anyway, given that Mr. Buttler did two books on British Secret Projects (Bombers and Fighters) it would seem pretty logical to complement the series with an American Secret Projects - Fighters offering.

SaturnCanuck wants "Fighters & Bombers 1935 - 1950" - note the dates! This is wartime stuff. Tony did a similar book for British projects.

Just finished reading the book, and I have to say that Mr Buttler has outdone himself yet again. The detail and research is excellent. Some of the pictures I had never seen before.

I hope there is a World War II offering on US aircraft next -- that would be something.

I recieved my books yesterday, haven't had much time to read it yet... But it looks like another excellent book to me :)

Fun fun fun!

It's a detailed read - quite a hard slog, actually - but that's OK because it means more time spent enjoying the book! (About time to dig it out for a re-read, actually.) My little son (not quite two!) liked it as much as I did (pretty pictures, I guess) - and I'd let him have it if only I could trust him to sit and turn the pages without tearing them!

It's nice to know I'm not alone in wanting a mid-thirties to jet-age addendum, but what I have to admit I really want is "American Secret Projects: Hypersonics, Ramjets and Missiles".

That, I think, will be HUGE. In every sense of the word.

Any word if there will the American equivalent to the British "Fighters and Bombers 1935 - 1950"?