ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
US Bomber Projects #18 is now available and includes:

Boeing Model 726-13: A nuclear powered bomber with the cockpit in the tail
Martin Model 164: A pre-war high altitude twin-tailed bomber
North American WS-110A: An early concept for what became the B-70, with “floating wingtips”
Convair MX-1593: An Early, large five-engined Atlas ICBM concept
Boeing Model 701-299-1: The final XB-59 supersonic bomber design
Boeing Model 464-72: A B-52 with pusher turboprops
Boeing F-15GSE Global Strike Eagle: An unmanned F-15 with a giant missile on its back General Dynamics – Light Weight Attack Configuration 29: An advanced ground attacker with vectored thrust

usbp18ad2.jpg

US Transport Projects #06 is now available and includes:

Lockheed CL-408-15: An early Mach 3 SST
Lockheed L-155-4: A very early 8-engine jetliner
Boeing Model 754-4V: A very-wide-bodied cargo hauler for Husky
Gates Learjet PD1502A: A four-seater with a turbofan
Convair Comet Seaplane: An American idea for turning a British jetliner into Flying Boat
Lockheed Twin C-5 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft: Two C-5’s mated together to carry a Shuttle between them
Boeing Model 765-096 Rev A “SUGAR Volt”: A hybrid jetliner
CRC HOT EAGLE – Super Global Troop Transport: Finally, hard data on a rocket transport for Special Forces and Marines

ustp06ad2.jpg

http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=2606

Due to lack of interest, these will probably be the last of the US Aerospace Projects I release for a good long while.

Due to lack of interest

Can't believe it!, I've have all of that and I'm still interested in more and more to the end of the days. Am I the only US Projects fan?

these will probably be the last of the US Aerospace Projects I release for a good long while

Please don't do that....

Why there's so little interestest in the preservation of US aerospace heritage compared with the other selected nations that helped to turn human's dream of flight into reality?

I'm really sorry to hear about the lack of interest ... very sad.

I'm going to buy this one just for this:

Boeing Model 754-4V: A very-wide-bodied cargo hauler for Husky

of course I've found all your publications very interesting.

pometablava said:
Am I the only US Projects fan?

You and about 40 other people. Not near enough to justify a months work. I'd make more flipping burgers at McDonalds.

I remain open to suggestions about how to spread the word about USBP in a meaningful way, but the fact is sales have declined with each new issue. Maybe I have saturated my little market.

I would put the 18 volumes already released together into a larger publication, and put a bit more effort into making it look pretty.

If Scott's interested, I would be up for doing the design work pro-bono :)

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
I would put the 18 volumes already released together into a larger publication, and put a bit more effort into making it look pretty.

Unclear what "pretty" means in this context...

I'd be interested in what you might have in mind.

I have Tweeted a few times for my followers to head to your website. You are making a real contribution to aerospace history. Like an artist whose works become famous many years after I really believe your work will be recognized.

Orionblamblam said:
PaulMM (Overscan) said:

Unclear what "pretty" means in this context...

I'd be interested in what you might have in mind.

I think the layout and typography could be better. I'll contact you via email.

If all the entries were to be put in chronological order, it would make for a better reference. For instance, all those predecessors to the B-52.

If all the entries were to be put in chronological order, it would make for a better reference.

This a clear drawback of US Projects series.

I've caught a few minor typos over the years and would be more than happy to make an editorial pass.

gatoraptor said:
If all the entries were to be put in chronological order, it would make for a better reference. For instance, all those predecessors to the B-52.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean to have issue #1 having all designs from, say, 1937, with each issue slowly advancing forward?

And all those B-52 predecessors *were* in chronological order.

Orionblamblam said:
gatoraptor said:

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean to have issue #1 having all designs from, say, 1937, with each issue slowly advancing forward?

And all those B-52 predecessors *were* in chronological order.
Maybe they were in chronological order, but they were in different issues. My thought is to group them all together, as sort of a "theme".

gatoraptor said:
Maybe they were in chronological order, but they were in different issues. My thought is to group them all together, as sort of a "theme".

Then this is your lucky day. USBP #16 was exactly that. It collected all the B-52 predecessors from #1 through #15, did some revisions, added a few more.

http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=2416

usbp16cover.gif

I did the same with issue #14 which collected and expanded all the WS464L (early Dyna Soar) designs.
http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=2181
usbp14cover.gif

It was always my intention to use USBP and such to build up full evolutions, such as the XB-59 which finally reached the ultimate design in USBP#18.