American Aerospace Archive - Mother Ships, Parasites and More: Bomber, XC Heavy Transport & FICON Studies

jzichek

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Greetings All,

After long delay, the fifth issue of The American Aerospace Archive is finally available:

5069914130_73862bd618_o.jpg

In this bumper-size issue, we revisit the theme of early postwar strategic bomber development (originally covered in Issue 3) and introduces two new subjects: the USAF XC Heavy Transport and Parasite/Missile Carrier as well as selected Fighter-Conveyor (FICON) studies from the early 1950′s. A common thread throughout this issue is the parasite aircraft, a concept which intrigued the Air Force during this period before being made obsolete by advancements in in-flight refueling and other areas. Featuring hundreds of previously unpublished bomber, transport and parasite aircraft studies, this 204 page magazine is copiously illustrated with 258 drawings, artist’s impressions and photos, including 27 in color. Subjects covered include but are not limited to the following:

Bomber & Transport Studies:

Consolidated Vultee Heavy Bombardment Airplane, Gas Turbine Propelled proposal of 1945 (5 images)
Douglas Models 1042, 1067 & 1274 Tailless Delta Wing Transports/Airliners (3 images)
Douglas Model 1064 Tailless Delta Wing Bombers (11 images)
Douglas Model 1211-J Megapod/Snark Missile/Convair XF-92/Douglas XF4D-1 Carrier (8 images)
Douglas Model 1211R-45 through 1211X-55 Strategic Bombers—new detailed information
Lockheed L-191-3 “Team Bomber” (1 image)
Lockheed L-195 nuclear-powered strategic bombers (3 images)

XC Heavy Transport and Parasite/Missile Carrier Studies:

Boeing Model 497 XC Heavy Transport and Model 700-1 to -3 bomber/recon parasites (28 images)
Douglas Models 1240 XC Heavy Transport/1252 medium transport/XC-132 (the main feature—numerous variants, 141 images)
Douglas Models 1251/1251-A/1256 supersonic parasite bombers (14 images)
Lockheed L-168 transport, L-208 XC Heavy Transport, and L-209-5 parasite bomber (4 images)

FICON and other Parasite Aircraft Studies:

North American “Parasite Fighter” and RD-1461 medium bomber/carrier of 1947 (3 images)
Douglas Model 1126 medium bomber (MX-948)/Convair B-36 Fuel Transfer Study (2 images)
Douglas Model 1219 supersonic parasite bomber (2 images)
Douglas FICON studies—B-36 carrying F-80, F-86, F-84, XF-88, XF-90, F-94, F4D, F7U, X-3 parasites (34 images)
Douglas X-3 parasite studies (11 images)

The printed edition features high quality image reproduction on semi-gloss paper with perfect binding and stiffer cover stock than previous issues—more of a soft cover book than a typical magazine. Also available is a new PDF eBook version, which features a special 23 page legal size section reproducing many of the drawings from the main body of the magazine in an uninterrupted landscape format. For a full preview of the contents, please visit MagCloud, where you can also purchase the printed edition for $49.95. MagCloud now ships worldwide at a reasonable price, so all domestic and international readers should order their printed copies through there. The PDF eBook version is available for $16.95. We are working on making PDF eBook versions of our previous issues available in the near future.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to respond here on the forum in a timely manner.

Best Regards,

Jared Zichek

Jared,

You make my day. What a book!, your research work is exhaustive. Congratulations!

The pdf format is an excellent idea for those living outside USA. Just a question, is that an standard pdf file that can be read on my computer or is it formated only for iPad/eBook readers?.

I like plain pdf but I hate Zinio and that kind of propietary files...then old paper is better for me)

Antonio

Jared,

when do you think the pdf purchase option is going to be available?

Probably this weekend; work and family obligations are keeping me from working on it right now, unfortunately.

jzichek said:
Probably this weekend; work and family obligations are keeping me from working on it right now, unfortunately.

Yes, please let us know. I want to buy this version.

I would like to buy the paper version, but I can't afford it at the present. Once I buy the PDF version however, I probably won't buy the paper one. If a PDF version wasn't available, I might eventually buy the paper one when I get some money. Hopefully, Jared will get just as much if not more from the ebook as the paper one.

The file hosting problem has been resolved and the PDF version of this issue is back up for sale! Please visit <a href="http://aeroarchivepress.com/?p=436">AeroArchivePress.com</a> to purchase. After payment, you will receive an email with an encrypted download link to the file; the link expires within 24 hours of purchase. At 38MB, it is a large PDF, but it should download relatively quickly, as it is now hosted on Amazon Cloudfront on multiple servers worldwide. If you have any problems, please email me at editor@aeroarchivepress.com. Thank you for your patience; I sincerely hope you enjoy the magazine!

jzichek said:
After payment, you will receive an email with an encrypted download link to the file

Ordered! Now awaiting email...
Email received, now downloading...
Downloaded, now giving the first look through. Initial impression: money well spent at twice the price.

Ordered too

(Waiting for McDonnell Naval Fighters pdf edition now ) ;)

Absolutely recommended! Thank you Mr Zichek. The book is a marvel full of amazing unbuilt designs never seen before. A treasure for both history lovers and modelers. It worths every cent and buying and downloading the pdf edition it's just a moment.

Thank you OrionBlamBlam and Pometablava - it took a long time to put together and sort out the design sequence of some of the studies, but I think it breaks a lot of new ground. I'm glad to hear that the download was fast in Europe - I guess Amazon Cloudfront really works! I hope to offer PDFs of the previous issues in the coming weeks; busy right now with promoting this issue at the moment.

Also, I should note that there may be a delay between payment and receiving the email with the download link - I presently have to manually generate the links, and while I am generally chained to a computer most of the day, there will be times when I do not respond immediately. Rest assured, you WILL eventually receive the link!

i buy, got mail, got to link and get:

MalformedSignatureCould not unencode Signature

i use Powerpc G5 with Mac Os 10.5.8. with Safari browser...

Michel I had no problem from my Mac Mini (Spring 2009 edition) OSX 10.6 / Safari

In fact my paypal account is linked to a hotmail address. Just right-click to the link and downloaded the file to the finder.

Everythink worked ok

I had problems...

"Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

However I just pasted the link into the address bar of Internet Explorer and was able to download then save - I also tried this first in Mozilla Firefox but got a corrupt/damaged file message?!

pometablava said:
Michel I had no problem from my Mac Mini (Spring 2009 edition) OSX 10.6 / Safari

In fact my paypal account is linked to a hotmail address. Just right-click to the link and downloaded the file to the finder.

Everythink worked ok

i try that with Right click in Mail
but only those option

Open Link
Open Link in this Email
Load the link file
Copy link
New task

Load the link file - i hear Hardrive work, but there no file to be found...

Barrington and Michel:

Very sorry for any inconvenience; have successfully tested these links with various browsers on my PC, but did not have access to a Mac. My delivery system is obviously still in "beta" and I will scrap it if problems are widespread. Please contact me directly if you have a problem - I will get the file to you via an alternate channel.

-Jared

thanks to Jared Zichek got new direct link, it work at last and I have file

for the delivery system beta version

my Computer is a 5 years old Tincan now
next year it's time to get new new one.
so there no more problem like this...

for the book
it's 228 page of holy glory
and for me never befor seen Aircraft

congratulations on you work Mr Jared A. Zichek

I've had exactly the same problem as Michel and I've emailed Jared twice (Saturday and today) without a response, so I guess I'll try here.

I think my message was slightly confusing. The way I was able to get the file was to paste the link into the address bar of Internet Explorer, pressed return and it downloaded and then I saved it.

Regards,
Barry

Barrington Bond said:
I think my message was slightly confusing. The way I was able to get the file was to paste the link into the address bar of Internet Explorer, pressed return and it downloaded and then I saved it.

Regards,
Barry

Tried a direct paste when I got the original link, same message:
MalformedSignatureCould not unencode Signature

Mr. Farrelly:

Your link has probably expired by now; generating a new one for you and will email ASAP. Not sure why your previous emails did not get through and very sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jared Zichek

This is very cool. The parasite fighter with the folding wings is really cool and much better looking than the XF-85 ever was, although the XF-85 did get built. I highly recommend this and it's good to be able to read it in a PDF format. In fact, given the price of the PDF version, it really can't be beat.

I just purchased the book in PDF format and the new process is very fast and smooth: paying (with VISA, via PayPal) now gets you straight to the download link without ever leaving your browser or the Mag-Cloud website. No passwords via e-mail -- this is almost too easy! FYI I downloaded on an iMac with OS 10.5.8 and Firefox.

Best $16.95 I've ever spent...

Thank you for the kind words Sundog and Circle-5; we've now implemented the E-junkie shopping cart system and it's working great. Download links are generated and provided automatically once the PayPal payment clears; they are good for 2 download attempts in a 24 hour period and have been very reliable thus far. Should you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact me at editor@aeroarchivepress.com. This volume will also be distributed by Ian Allan in Europe and Nishiyama Yosho in Japan for those who prefer to go through those channels.

Also, please keep your eyes open in the coming weeks/months for reviews in/on your favorite aviation history magazines and websites; just sent out a pile of review copies that should be making their way around the world as I type this.

25% OFF SALE - Mother Ships, Parasites and More: Bomber, XC Heavy Transport...

Just saw this morning that MagCloud is having a 25% off sale for 2 hours only; pick up Issue 5 at <a href="http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/117348">MagCloud</a> for only $39.50! The other issues are also 25% off. I believe the sale will end at 10am PST.

Got my paper copy Monday. It was really worth the wait. I really enjoyed the airborne NIKE missile battery. Jered, do you know what subject you'll be doing next

Awesome job, Jared! I got the PDF, but Im reading my printouts in installments. Makes it more fun

Thanks AL and XP67_Moonbat! I think I may focus on some postwar fighter studies for the next issue, but I'm not sure yet. Right now I'm working on releasing PDF versions of the earlier issues and checking off tasks on my "honey do" list for the missus; I put off a lot of things around the house while assembling the fifth volume, and the day of reckoning has arrived...

ANOTHER 25% OFF SALE: Mother Ships, Parasites and More: Bomber, XC...

Thanks Overscan! Just saw that there is yet another flash sale at MagCloud for 2 hours only; it's 25% off, so you can save $10 and pick up Issue 5 at <a href="http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/117348">MagCloud</a> for only $39.50! The other issues are also 25% off. I believe the sale will end at 7pm PST.

Purchased the PDF version along with two others e-books from Jared. That's how aerospace books must be tailored. Jared, thank you very much!

Any chances for Secret Aerospace Projects of the US Navy, Vol. 1 as pdf in future?

Shining eyes! What a bunch of ideas arisen from the engineers' brains!

Download yesterday within 90 seconds ;) . Thanks again, Jared.

To all waverers: Buy it & appreciate it!

50% OFF SALE: Mother Ships, Parasites and More: Bomber, XC Heavy Transport...

Just received an email from <a href="http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/117348">MagCloud</a>; they're having a 50% off sale on Friday, November 26th from midnight until 12 pm (PST). You'll be able to purchase the printed version of "Mother Ships, Parasites and More" for only $25 + shipping. Issues 1-4 will also be available at 50% off. It's an excellent opportunity to pick up great material on secret projects at a bargain price!

If you miss the mega sale, you can still take advantage of MagCloud's 25% Off Holiday Sale from 12 pm November 26th through December 31st. Please note that this sale is for the printed version of the magazine only; the PDF downloads will remain at their regular price.

25% OFF SALE ENDING SOON on Mother Ships, Parasites & More + back issues

<a href="http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/117348">MagCloud's</a> 25% off sale is ending soon on December 31; it may be their last sale for several months. Save more than $10 on "Mother Ships, Parasites and More" while you still can; Issues 1-4 are also still available at 25% off. It's an excellent opportunity to pick up great material on secret projects at a bargain price!

Please note that this sale is for the printed version of the magazine only; the PDF downloads at <a href="http://aeroarchivepress.com/?p=436">AeroArchivePress.com</a> will remain at their regular price. Thanks and happy holidays!

-Jared

Back
Top Bottom