Akaflieg Berlin B 10

Wurger

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I`ve just found this reference to a projected twin engined twin seat amphibian developed by this famous academy. You could see it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akaflieg

It`s from 1944, one year after the remarkable B 9. Does anyone could add more on this? Thanks.

A RARA AVIS !!!
From a publcation of the Akaflieg Berlin

Designer was Paul EGGERT .
The purpose was travel after the war ,for instance following the storks from Germany to Africa : beautiful dream when we remember the Berlin of 1944 !

Attachments

• B 10.jpg
    B 10.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 532
Hello Richard,

many thanks. What a beautiful bird this would be.

I think they were fixed.

Some elements of the fuselage were built !
Work ended in february 1945 !

Hi Richard :),

does your source remarks more engined projects `till 1945?

Fixed! Hmm, ok so either there is a lot of inherant stability that I cant perceive, or the aircraft rests with one wing down and the other pointed at the sky... That'd make taxiing interesting.

The FF or AB 4 is a well known very light hight wing single seater (D-2229) flown in 1932. and the B 9 prone pilot bimotor .

richard said:
The FF or AB 4 is a well known very light hight wing single seater (D-2229) flown in 1932. and the B 9 prone pilot bimotor .

Here is the AB.4.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 4-1.png
    4-1.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 4-2.png
    4-2.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 169
Re: Akaflieg Berlin Prototypes and Projects

Hi,

also nothing about B.7 Project.

Attachments

• B.7.png
    B.7.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 190
The Akaflieg Berlin B.7 was a two seat performance glider which was planned to be used in the Olympic competition in 1940. However the B.7 was cancelled with efforts being directed to the B.8 single seat glider.

The Akaflieg Berlin B.7 was a two seat performance glider which was planned to be used in the Olympic competition in 1940. However the B.7 was cancelled with efforts being directed to the B.8 single seat glider.

Do you know a picture of the B.7 ?

Do you know a picture of the B.7 ?
Not as far as my research has found to this time.

Fixed! Hmm, ok so either there is a lot of inherant stability that I cant perceive, or the aircraft rests with one wing down and the other pointed at the sky... That'd make taxiing interesting.

That tip float configuration eases docking.
Look at some of the Grumman Geese that were modified after WW2. They were retrofitted with retractable tip floats (ala. Consolidated PBY Catalina flying boat). When approaching floating docks, they retract both tip floats and "lean" on the outboard float. This lifts the inboard float well above the dock, preventing float damage or knocking dock handlers into the water. The raised (inboard) wingtip also allows them to dock with mere inches between their passenger hatch and the dock.
Floating docks are popular at fishing and logging camps along the West Coast of Canada.