Aerojet General Corp: 12 Man Lunar Expedition

nice find Mangnus_z

the space suit for mission was this one
index.php

more here about the suit
Space Suit Prototypes (like Grumman Moon Suit, Republic etc)

as launch rocket was consider the NOVA study from NASA in 1959
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/novanasa.htm

Is this project related to the military proposal for the 12 men moon base to be completed by 1965?

bigvlada said:
Is this project related to the military proposal for the 12 men moon base to be completed by 1965?
so far i know it was Aerojet proposal to NASA, so civilian
and which Military proposal you mean ?
Army: Horizon
USAF: Lunex
Navy or Marines (if last one got a program like this)

...Note the "trunion" for a "flight belt attachment". Anyone come across sketches/diagrams of *that* little gem?

Horizon. I could never understand that childish rivalry amongst different branches of the same military.

bigvlada said:
Horizon. I could never understand that childish rivalry amongst different branches of the same military.

...Most people who say that either were never in the military, or at the very least didn't bother with one of the service Reserve Officers Training Corps. Rivalry actually helps with morale and efficiency, provided it isn't allowed to get out of hand. Sometimes it does, and by that I don't mean your typical swabbos vs. aaarmy pukes vs flyboys vs jarheads mix-n-match knock-down drag-out free-for-alls down at one of the more popular beer pubs outside of the military installation in question. When the rivalry actually interferes with the development and implementation of defensive planning/strategy/technology, then it's a detriment to any nation's ability to defend themselves, much less project that defense into an offense when necessary. I'd be tempted to submit the fol-de-rols that went on well before and then just after Sputnik and Muttnik regarding ballistic missiles as a good example, but there was more to that one than just ABMA vs NRL with Ike confusedly playing both ends against each other.

So yeah, I'll probably play it safe and give the time-honored traditional example of the Army always submitting that the Marines need to be attached to them instead of the Navy, and thankfully the SecDev never listens to them... ;D