Aero Fan magazine

Andrewjs2007

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello all

Does anyone know where I can find a contents listing for Aerop Fan magazine issues 93-100?

Thanks

Andrew

here?

http://www.italiankits.it/aerofan.html

I can add some contents for n.100 (will be over 200 pages..):

The lasts from Taliedo (late-war and post-war Caproni Taliedo arcrafts, both built and projects); G-50 in Finland, part II; An airport for Genua; The Rosatelli's superfighter (CR-44), by myself 8)

Dear All

Does anyone know a good source where I can buy back issues?
I have tried the Aviation Bookshop in Tunbridge Wells, but they don't have many back issues (none of the ones I want).

Cheers

Andrew

The old men said: go to the source: www.apostoloeditore.com.
All back issues are available since n. 57 till today. For issues before that, you can buy PDFs on CDs. Already in stock for years up to and including 1983. 1984 to n. 55 available soon.

Thanks for the recommendation Skybolt. I had tried that site, but it seems to be dead (no active links)

Andrew

Umm, Giorgio is updating the english site...
go here : http://www.apostoloeditore.com/Home.htm and search for "ordini" on the left menu bar.
Or write directly to: info@apostoloeditore.it, start the mail with a: Marco Comelli directed me to you. And ask for a quotation, I think that beyond a certain number of issues, there is an interesting discount.

Aerofan 100 has been shipped today by the printer to the publisher, so it will be send to subscribers during August. General availability will start immediately. Use info mentioned in an above posted message to order. Cost is 30 euros plus postage: two leading articles are "Last projects of Caproini-Taliedo, from 191 to 196" three of which are completely unknown (a jet fighter, a jet trainer and a basic trainer); second is (unashameful advertising ::) ) mine on the CR-44 (first ever published 3-views, side and vertical sections, section of the two-place version).

I've been looking at the contents listing for Aerofan on aeroflight and found that they apply the wrong issue numbers from #1 to #56. Up to 6/1988 the magazines didn't carry a number for the whole series just an issue number for a particular year. Aeroflight retrospectively applied numbers but they started with the wrong issue. They should have started with 1/1978 (before then it was IARB) but they began with 1/1979. So when they reached the first issue to show a series number, the one for January-February 1989, it was not correct. It should have been #47 but they gave it #43. Up to #50 all the numbers given in aeroflight should be incremented by 4. Then things got a bit more confusing. As far as I'm aware the issue for September-December 1989 was a double issue #51/52 but it's given as #47, the issue for July-December 1990 was also a double issue #55/56 & this was given as #50. In aeroflight the contents for #51/52 to #55/56 are repeats (with a little additional information) of #47 to #50 - this time they have the correct issue numbers but the wrong dates. After that, from #57 to #100, the listing seems to be right.
It would be nice to have a definitive contents listing for all the Aerofan magazines.

I've been looking at the contents listing for Aerofan on aeroflight and found that they apply the wrong issue numbers from #1 to #56. Up to 6/1988 the magazines didn't carry a number for the whole series just an issue number for a particular year. Aeroflight retrospectively applied numbers but they started with the wrong issue. They should have started with 1/1978 (before then it was IARB) but they began with 1/1979. So when they reached the first issue to show a series number, the one for January-February 1989, it was not correct. It should have been #47 but they gave it #43. Up to #50 all the numbers given in aeroflight should be incremented by 4. Then things got a bit more confusing. As far as I'm aware the issue for September-December 1989 was a double issue #51/52 but it's given as #47, the issue for July-December 1990 was also a double issue #55/56 & this was given as #50. In aeroflight the contents for #51/52 to #55/56 are repeats (with a little additional information) of #47 to #50 - this time they have the correct issue numbers but the wrong dates. After that, from #57 to #100, the listing seems to be right.
It would be nice to have a definitive contents listing for all the Aerofan magazines.
Oops. I'd better have a look at fixing that.

The Aerofan contents listing on Aeroflight has now been updated. The issue number/date tie-up has been corrected and additional contents data added.

Any help with contents where details are sparse is appreciated.

Regards,

John

Hello,

the link mentioned in this thread no longer works. It's been several years since it was posted. Does anyone know a current source for Aerofan back issues, also on CD-ROM. I'm specifically looking for the issues about Sergio Steffanuti's early canards, i.e. the 1989 issues of Aerofan.

Best regards Franz

Sorry, I thought about contents list link.
You can imagine that many things could change in sixteen years.
You'd may ask @Skybolt if he has any contacts left.