A very light helicopter

richard

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Who knows more about this helicopter ?

The picture was in " Der Flieger " 1952 :
Französische Hubschrauber : Rücksack-Hubschrauber von HAUSTETTER . ( French helicopter :Rucksak helicopter of Haustetter) )

Thanks for any help

Richard

Attachments

• Haustetter.jpg
    Haustetter.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 922
Any relation to the Hafner Rotachute?

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/qbranch/rotachute.php

rotachute1.jpeg

Graham1973 said:
Any relation to the Haffner Rotachute?

No. The Hafner (one "f") Rotachute was British, and this one here is clearly French, judging from the caption.

Stargazer2006 said:
Graham1973 said:
Any relation to the Haffner Rotachute?

No. The Hafner (one "f") Rotachute was British, and this one here is clearly French, judging from the caption.

Oops :-[

Fixed the mistake.

Thank you a lot : so , the info was right : Haustetter and his device actually existed ...
BTW the record is very " Mark Twain " style : I believe ( but not sure ) Mark Twain wrote for a St Petersburg paper ...It seems that his lesson were not forgotten ...

Stargazer2006 said:
It is, but not the same beast. Noubel's Véloréacteur (note the correct spelling, meaning "jet bicycle") was this:

642.jpg

The French speakers may remember Christophe's Savant Cosinus and his famous invention the Anémélectroreculpédalicoupeventombrosoparacloucycle ...
That was 1889. ;D

Can't be Amish - has a mustache. Amish do not have hair on their upper lip ;D

Hi,

does anyone hear about Roger Marquion RM-02 single seat light helicopter of 1982 ?.

I don't know about a light helicopter but there was an autogyro in a French Army museum (Musee ALAT at Dax). There is a nice photo by M. Patrick Perrier at http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage2.php?img=35008.

Hi Hesham :D
I think that the RM-02 you mention is the autogyro in the ALAT Museum.
I do know of a helicopter by Roger Marquion, but I think that was the RM-01 (RM-1?) registered F-PYPD and apparently built in 1982 and first registsred on 13 October 1983. Attached a phioto of F-PYPD. Sorry but I have no other details. Perhaps the RM-01 was based on or influenced by the Schramm/Rotorway Scorpion?

Attachments

• Marquion RM-01.jpg
    Marquion RM-01.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 224
Many thanks my dear Walter,

but was a French ?.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 209
Thanks,

but maybe there was RM-01 & RM-02 prototypes ?.

Hesham,

On the online copy of the French civil rotorcraft register, it says clearly RM-01 = h/c = Helicopter, RM02 = gyro = Autogyro. http://www.rotorspot.nl/historic/f-2.php
Marquion was a "Constructeur Amateur", ie an individual home builder. Not a company with prototypes and series production.
This particular question is closed. The article you cite without source must have mixed up its numbers.
___

NB: this register also shows 2 more Marquion contraptions achieving registration: Marquion-Dreyer MD-05B [gyro] F-WSZH, and Marquion RMT-01 (gyro) F-WTXK
___

What I find interesting is that the RM-02 started with civvie registration F-WNUC, as normal for an amateur build, but then received military reg 84-EL from Aviation Légère de l'Armée de Terre, ie the Army land forces light aviation. Any info about its intended use in ALAT, duration and results?

Thank you my dear Dan,

and for my quote,it was from the book;
The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Helicopters,by Griorgio Apostolo

From Ailes 10/2/1961,

does anyone hear about Pierre Monthus helicopter ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    406 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.png
    2.png
    596.9 KB · Views: 65
From Ailes 21/4/1961,

here is a helicopter or gyrocopter,designed by Capitol-Copter Corp.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 64
A little contribution French helicopters projects

Attachments

• S (6).jpg
    S (6).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • S (5).jpg
    S (5).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35