76mm Skysweeper mobile self propelled gun

mistedupagain

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Does anybody have information regarding the proposed self propelled Skysweeper project?
I understand that it was the top half of the skysweeper placed onto a light tank chassis

One system that made it to the hardware stage actually preceded the Skysweeper.
From Hunnicutt's "Stuart A History of the American Light Tank Vol I":

Sorry I have taken this time to reply

This T-22 was an intersting project.
I think that it may have used the US Navy 3 inch auto gun mechanism rather than Sky sweeper's

Any other info / pictures are a great help

thanks

mistedupagain said:
I think that it may have used the US Navy 3 inch auto gun mechanism rather than Sky sweeper's

I have to agree, I don't think this gun is the same as Skysweeper.

Does any one have information on the 75mm gun in picture above and of course any info on skysweeper?

Thanks everyone

I'd think it was the same gun as the naval 3"/50RF from the description (and I'm unaware of any other possibilities) but it doesn't look the same from the photos. It's possible a few things got added to the naval gun (like the balances) but overall it just seems too different. Some photos of the naval gun here. I'd expect to see the circular magazines on this T22 gun, but can't.

You are probably correct in that the gun is a version of the naval 3 inch.

Navy 3 inch had a magazine hopper to both sides rectangular in shape.
I think that the pictures above show the auto loader without the hopper / hopper protective box.
You are quite right in that this gun does not have the Sky Sweeper circular hopper