3 new Mikoyan combat aircraft models shown at MAKS 2021

Really? A VTOL "version"? Or a completely different, alternate design with VTOL capability? Perhaps the original Russian makes the point clear?
Literally 'a VTOL version of a project'.

Well, looks like there is a concentration of efforts and resources in times of lack of big-money. It is not exactly the same than in the U.S., but neither so different. Remember the amount of companies in the US 30 years ago...and now basically 2 big ones able to deliver the air frames. A pity, since, in my opinion, the lack of competitiveness means less designs and less willingness to take risks in the solutions, but that's life...
You forget Northrop. So it's 3.

Well, looks like there is a concentration of efforts and resources in times of lack of big-money. It is not exactly the same than in the U.S., but neither so different. Remember the amount of companies in the US 30 years ago...and now basically 2 big ones able to deliver the air frames. A pity, since, in my opinion, the lack of competitiveness means less designs and less willingness to take risks in the solutions, but that's life...
You forget Northrop. So it's 3.
Oooops...you're right. Actually I was thinking about LM and NG...It's been many years since Boeing(MDD) does not lead a new big fighter program (at least in the 'white' world)

Really? A VTOL "version"? Or a completely different, alternate design with VTOL capability? Perhaps the original Russian makes the point clear?

Strange news. But fresh. AMNTK Soyuz is once again presenting its R579-300 engine with adaptive regimes on Army 2021. Yes, yes, weak economic results..., but indeed interesting. Details here:

Strange news. But fresh. AMNTK Soyuz is once again presenting its R579-300 engine with adaptive regimes on Army 2021. Yes, yes, weak economic results..., but indeed interesting. Details here:
As saying goes, if you don't praise yourself, no one will.

I don't know where you live, Oluen, but I see a parallel in the US auto industry in the 40s and 50s. R and D costs rose, and the smaller companies could not compete. The only way they could survive was to merge or move into a niche area.

The only project that Mig could realistically develop would be a light fighter for poorer nations that cannot afford a Mig-29 but want something more than an armed trainer. It would also provide some competition to the Chinese JF-17. But then again if Russia doesn't need such an aircraft that greatly damages Mig's export prospects. Not to mention the light figher market is very crowded right now and some innovative concepts such as the Textron Scorpion have failed miserably.

Last edited:
The lightweight fighter seems only to have room for fuel in the wings and maybe the tail. Very large weapons bay.

Photos (c) Muxel.

Looks like a design from me to MiG in 2020,I told them they should
pay attention to a market of single engined fighter,and they lost many
of their benefits after MiG-21,but mine has a new two ideas and anther
third one invented before but not used in practically.

There are some influences from my design.

Attachments

• Hesham_2019_d.jpg
    Hesham_2019_d.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
I was wondering what would happen to MiG!

you can see some of the MiG 1.42 heritage in that model, especially the rear.

question. are canards better for carrier landings?

I wonder if MiG will succeed with the shipborne fighter though, I would think that Sukhoi would put forward the LTS as a possible naval fighter and end up with a fly off like what happened with the MiG-29K and Su-27K and we all know what happened there.
You don't need a carrier to have a carrier-maybe LEGO container pods in such a way as to have a flight deck with an ersatz elevator also used for loading 4 containers across-that's about the width-weight of a fighter, right?

I'm remembering a cartoon for one of Roy Braybrook's columns in Flight International years ago (1990s) - and maybe MiG should have gone for that Mach 2 tractor