Register here

Author Topic: Caproni Ca.133 unbuild versions  (Read 15764 times)

Offline Maveric

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • Fight for yor Right!
Caproni Ca.133 unbuild versions
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:36:44 am »
Hi all,

today no Caproni-Fighter. In Ali d'Italia Caproni Ca.133 I have found little info´s about the unbuild versions of the Ca.133, but no drawing or technical data. If you have drawings, 3views or technical data about the Ca.141, Ca.151 and Ca.177 please let me know ::)

Servus Maveric
I see you on the dark side of the moon.

Offline airman

• my blogs
Re: Caproni Ca.133 unbuild versions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:18:05 am »
Hi all,

today no Caproni-Fighter. In Ali d'Italia Caproni Ca.133 I have found little info´s about the unbuild versions of the Ca.133, but no drawing or technical data. If you have drawings, 3views or technical data about the Ca.141, Ca.151 and Ca.177 please let me know ::)

Servus Maveric
well probably documents about these projects are gone or probably these projects was remained incomplete
writers , bloggers , content-curators ,  music composer and passionate of militaria and uchronia

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:16:37 am »
Well.....  ;D

Offline airman

• my blogs
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:31:28 am »
Caproni 141 was bi-engines  version of Ca133 with two Gnome-Rhone K.14 of 880HP, Ca151 was version proposed with three Asso XI RC Engines  (Piaggio I suppose) ,Caproni 177 was a version proposed with two engines Piaggio VII ( left and right ) @ center one engines Alfa 125  ( this proposed version was replaced by produced Ca 148)
These was, surely, proposed version !
writers , bloggers , content-curators ,  music composer and passionate of militaria and uchronia

Offline smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:17 pm »
Well.....  Grin
Does that mean you are writing? Or will you just grin again?

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 07:26:32 am »
No, simply is that Caproni's designs are not lost at all, simply they are kept in a very closely guarded archive, largely not documented, and accessible without restrictions only to a couple of people, me NOT included, of those one is no more interested in unbuilt projects and the other has a lot of work to do.
Research is in progress, but as for now it is concentrated on the CAB projects. I'll post something during the next few days, promise. Caproni sequence, Caproni Taliedo I mean (Ca-1XX), is the least documented in published sources, expecially from Ca-150 on, drawing-wise.

Offline Justo Miranda

• Secret Projects Master
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 12:08:20 pm »
published sources

Hi Skybolt,

I have an Italian book on Caproni projects. The title is "Gli Aeroplani della Caproni Aeronautica Bergamasca" by Rosario Abate, Edizione dell'Ateneo & Bizzarri, 1978. VOLUME SECONDO 1920-1946.

It is an excellent work with many projects drawings and I would like to acquire or obtain copies from the other two volumes in the series
VOLUME PRIMO "Dalle Origini al Ca 135 e derivati"
VOLUME TERZO "Dal Ca 320 al 'Corsaro' (Ca 381)

Could you help me, please?

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 01:43:58 pm »
Ah, Justo... Rosario Abate was the third man having unrestricted access to the Caproni's archive...
As for the CAB volumes, I can probably find the first for you on the antiquarian market. It is very rare. The third was never published, Rosario passed away before finishing it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 01:54:20 pm by Skybolt »

Offline Artie Bob

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 02:20:22 pm »
A number of years ago (sometime in the 70s), a freind visited Italy and attended a dinner with Caproni, who was quite old at that time.  My freind indicated that Caproni's daughter was a historian and in charge of the archive material.  Was this accurate?  Is the lady still alive?

Best Regards,

Artie Bob

Offline airman

• my blogs
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 02:45:57 pm »
No, simply is that Caproni's designs are not lost at all, simply they are kept in a very closely guarded archive, largely not documented, and accessible without restrictions only to a couple of people, me NOT included, of those one is no more interested in unbuilt projects and the other has a lot of work to do.
Research is in progress, but as for now it is concentrated on the CAB projects. I'll post something during the next few days, promise. Caproni sequence, Caproni Taliedo I mean (Ca-1XX), is the least documented in published sources, expecially from Ca-150 on, drawing-wise.

could be one of my dreams know the projects of Caproni !

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 12:48:42 am »
Oh, yes, Maria Fede Caproni is alive and well, God bless her. She is the "ambassador" of the Caproni family in Rome. The archive of drawings and projects is not her domain.There is another archive related to the Caproni family, that held in Trento at Museo Caproni, but it is still less accessible. COULD contain some very interesting things, as personal notes of some leading designers (I have an hint of at least one).

Offline archipeppe

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 05:58:03 am »
I've found out, at www.chandelle.net, these two drawings about Caproni's fighter project.
Sincerely I don't know how much fictional, speculative or based upon real designs they are....

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:21:05 am »
Both are more or less true. The drawings are based on some info being published just after the war. I have fairly good info on the 183. On the 380 I have the background info and some drawings, but not detailed, still. See here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2411.msg20201.html#msg20201

Offline borovik

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 11:40:44 am »
I have fairly good info on the 183.

I dispose the small scheme from book J.Thompson "Italian civil and warplanes, 1930-1945" (1963). And already more than five years POSSESSED purpose to find more detailed information ,particularly qualitative drawing (as far as possible) this astonishing plane, for making the models 1/72.
 Best Regards,
 Anatoliy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:20:28 am by borovik »

Offline Justo Miranda

• Secret Projects Master
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 02:58:20 pm »
I have fairly good info on the 183.
Carpe diem, Marco.
I dispose the small scheme from book J.Thompson "Italian civil and warplanes, 1930-1945" (1963). And already more than five years POSSESSED purpose to find more detailed information ,particularly qualitative drawing (as far as possible) this astonishing plane, for making the models 1/72.
 Best Regards,
 Anatoliy.

Well, I see that we all have the same information. I was going to post the same drawings.
I have tried an speculative reconstruction of the Ca 183. Please see attached.