Register here

Author Topic: LACAB Projects and Prototypes  (Read 7291 times)

Offline c460

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Re: LACAB Projects and Prototypes
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 11:01:45 am »
the LACAB which was founded as ACAZ and later change it name as above,there is
some unknown projects for it.

Hi,
I don't think that the ACAZ and LACAB companies were related.
The excellent website about the ACAZ C.2 by Roland Michau has a well documented page written by Luc Wittemans about the societies ACAZ and Zacco: http://rmichau.pagesperso-orange.fr/AcazC2/HermannHtm/SocietesUK.htm
According to this page, ACAZ and Zacco were related to the society SEGA in Gosselies. However it says nothing of a link with LACAB.
Please also note that Zacco ceased to exist in 1929, and LACAB was created in 1933.
Adrien

Offline hesham

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »
My dear Adrien

at first,in your source,they mentioned the T.3 as a private aircraft for ACAZ,and that's
new for me,second in your source,the company transferred its activities into Brussels,
and the ACAZ (Ateliers de Constructions Aeronautiques Zeebrugge) was formed after
WW1,and renamed Zacco,and a in 1929 ceased to trade,and in 1933,re-open the factory
as LACAB (Atelliers de Constructions Aeronautiques Belges) in Brussels.

It's as I know in my files.

April 1, 1927 the seat of the company is transferred to the place Madou 8 in Brussels.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:10:17 pm by hesham »

Offline c460

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 02:56:04 am »
Hi Hesham,
Thank you for the precisions.

In BAMM no.42 there is a short article about the LACAB T.7. It includes an extract from La Conquête de l'Air July 1933, describing the foundation of LACAB in 1933, and giving the names of the administrators: baron Baltia, M. Jean de Steenhault de Waerbeek, M. Jean Bastin, M. Fernand du Roy de Bliquy, with Henri Delhove as commissaire. The Nagelmaekers bank and M. Bastin together owned 90 percent of the LACAB shares. You see that none of these names appears in the source about ACAZ and Zacco.

The main designer of the T.7 was Robert Servais (and Guldentops), who was apparently not linked to ACAZ / Zacco. Despite the name similarity, I don't think there is a compelling reason to believe that ACAZ and LACAB were directly related.

Of course the world of Belgian aeronautical construction was small, so some people might have been involved in both companies. For example  René Bulté is known to have worked at Zacco before 1928 and at LACAB after 1934, but this does not mean much in my opinion.

Adrien
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:57:24 am by c460 »

Offline hesham

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 03:18:57 am »
Thank you my dear Adrien,

I know there is no relationship between them,except the same factory was purchased by
the new owners.

Offline c460

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 03:55:38 am »
Sorry I did not understand that you were talking about the factory only.
But the T.7 and GR.8 were built by SABCA, in the Evere workshops directed by Jef Guldentops.

Offline c460

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:32 am »
The LACAB T.7 was very similar to the French SEMA 10 and SEMA 12. The configuration is the same and the dimensions are nearly identical.
In an article in Aviation Magazine, a picture  of the T.7 was mistakenly inserted, captioned as the SEMA 12.
The article by Guy Roberty in BAMM no.42 (1984) discusses the possibility that it was the same design, but no definitive conclusion was reached. I don't know if the mystery was solved since then.
Close examination of the pictures show differences between the three aircraft but I can't make a definitive opinion.

Adrien

Offline c460

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 04:26:39 am »
The LACAB T.7 was very similar to the French SEMA 10 and SEMA 12. The configuration is the same and the dimensions are nearly identical.
In an article in Aviation Magazine, a picture of the T.7 (registered OO-ANL) was mistakenly inserted, captioned as the SEMA 12.
The article by Guy Roberty in BAMM no.42 (1984) discusses the possibility that it was the same design, but no definitive conclusion was reached. I don't know if the mystery was solved since then.
Close examination of the pictures show differences between the three aircraft but I can't make a definitive opinion.

Adrien

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:32 pm »
This photo of the LACAB GR.8 mockup was originally posted by by Skyblazer on March 07, 2013:
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline hesham

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:54 am »
My dear Adrien

at first,in your source,they mentioned the T.3 as a private aircraft for ACAZ,and that's
new for me,

Also there is an aircraft called A.2 recce airplane;

3. Of all the material of factory, tools, goods in store and in the course of manufacture and movable objects various and office supplies being as well in the workshops of the company with Zeebrugge as in its offices, 12 street Liedts, with Schaerbeek, and in particular a reconnaissance aircraft A2, a private plane T3, cells and wings of the A2 plane, tests static.