Register here

Author Topic: Boeing's "Wonderwall"  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Boeing's "Wonderwall"
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 11:24:59 pm »
First, many thanks to Donald for his efforts, especially as he didn't forget to add the captions. Really not to
be taken for ganted here ...
As most of you may already have noticed, the search function sometimes has a life on its own making it not
always that easy to find a thred or post, even if you have a vague idea, where it may be. I made some tests
and easily found the "Wonderwall" thread listed, when I looked for the 7E7 or NLA, strangely not when I typed
in 720 ... as said before, life on its own ....  :-\
Those photos in most cases show more than just one type or project, so breaking them down to a more specific
topic would be hard either, at least without duplications. So I would propose to give this thread a more meaningful
title, so that somewhat searching, would be guided more easily to this thread. Maybe "Boeing Civil Project Models" ?
"Wonderwall"lof course sounds better, but who would click it, when looking for the Boeing 2707 ?
And there's no to be frustrated, I think, constructive criticsm should be a part of a every high-quality forum,
and is bon ton amongst highly competent people, I think.   ;)
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline sferrin

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 06:13:06 pm »
It's a shame they don't have a section called "North American" and another called "McDonnell Douglas".  :'(
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline AL

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 04:46:17 pm »
Where's the military stuff?

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 06:31:45 pm »
The Seattle metro area is Boeing Commercial Airplanes country. The local media only seems to be concerned with the part of Boeing's business that is assembled in Renton or Everett. We don't hear about Boeing's military or rotorcraft business because they aren't assembled in the Seattle metro area. If a North American Aviation or McDonnell Douglas section exists in the Boeing Archives, it would be unlikely that the local media would film it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:05:17 pm by Triton »

Offline 500 Fan

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »
"If a North American Aviation or McDonnell Douglas section exists in the Boeing Archives, it would be unlikely that the local media would film it."

As far as I know, the Hughes Helicopters and McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company stuff is held at the Boeing Archives in Seattle so it's possible the fixed-wing MD archives are there too. Finescale Modeller magazine ran an article on the Boeing Archives years ago and it contained lots of good information.

500 Fan.