FAMq8DXXEAEasnV.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 63
  • FAMq717XoAEAVPE.jpg
    FAMq717XoAEAVPE.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 62
  • FAMq807VgAMeD6p.jpg
    FAMq807VgAMeD6p.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 97
Normally reliable Huitong apparently suggested this concept will be unveiled. Not sure it matches this veiled model though.
and the concept is apparently stock photos as it's been appearing in Meggitt Aerospace annual report 2019 edition. Might be a "loose" version of F-35

Attachments

• concepteggitt.png
    concepteggitt.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 83
Is there a market for a third stealthy aircraft within China as there is already the J-20 and the J-31?

I personally prefer a Hi-Lo mix where they share the same engines (ala F-15 and F-16, or Su-57 and Su-75)..
but I understand that at the time of design, Chinese aviation forms didn't have access to the right engines and settled for two twins, one heavy and the other "light" (well a medium really. similar to the Flanker and Fulcrum).
but since its more or less decided.. cant see the value of 3rd design.

Some Internet armchair warriors are bitterly disappointed that PL-15E range is quoted as 145km. Mainly I think because of past confusion between PL-15 and the larger, even longer range PL-21.

1) 145km is a long range AAM. Meteor range is quoted as "greater than 100km". AIM-120D range is widely thought to be about 160km. China's getting up there on par with the world standard.

2) We don't know details of target, or launch conditions.

3) This is an export version.

1632746354959.png View attachment 665191
Pretty self explanatory. Export variant of HQ-9B, here named BE, cited with range of 5 km to 260 km.
It'd be nice to know what the other lines on that screen read.
1000 km TBM range something something?
And 16 and 8 something something?

Last edited:
Ok, somewhat more serious posting:

Other forums discussing this:

Some interesting topics from those threads:

Micro-UGV Anti Air System. EO sensor, Ai driven, modular, turreted missile blah blah. Seems like a fairly novel concept.
03.jpg
Which loyal wingman will win out here?
AxkzhNu.jpg
Darksword looks cool~
E_zLMmdUUAEkZmx1.jpg

Can some one estimate performance from exteriors (there is also a CCTV firm of it shooting down a quadcopter:
1632648488460.jpg
1632484572238-1.jpg

Never enough dakka
PmHOoIA.jpg

Stingers is so limited...
01.jpg

Switch Blade for all... Proliferation into major changes in infantry combat is looking to be inevitable
51510512501_527c7d36db_k.jpg

All armies should get some loitering missiles?
04.jpg

Pretty self explanatory. Export variant of HQ-9B, here named BE, cited with range of 5 km to 260 km.
It'd be nice to know what the other lines on that screen read.
10000 km TBM range something something?
And 16 and 8 something something?
HQ-9BE Air Defense Weapon System

This system is used to intercept various airplane, cruise missile, air to surface missiles. Capable of intercepting 1000km ranged TBM. (translator note: Tactical Ballistic Missile speed directly proportional to range)

* National, critical terrain air defense main combat weapon
* Strong anti-jamming capability
* Can command other air defense weapons to form a single multilayered air defense system

Interception Range: 5km ~ 260km
MultiTarget Capability: Guide 16 missiles to 8 targets

Can some one estimate performance from exteriors (there is also a CCTV firm of it shooting down a quadcopter:
View attachment 665193
View attachment 665194

Based on size of the device and the carrying vehicle it is probably anywhere between 15 and 30KW range. Probably designed primarily for downing drones no larger than two meters in diameter and loitering munition. Depending on how good the tracking system is it may serve a secondary role as anti-RAM (unguided rocket, artillery, mortar).

MELBOURNE, Australia – China is set to debut its dedicated electronic-attack aircraft on public display at the upcoming Zhuhai airshow, giving observers a first look at the newly developed type.

A single example of the type, which is officially designated the Shenyang J-16D, has been parked at the static display area of the airshow in Guangdong Province ahead of the event, which is due to run from Sept. 28 to Oct. 3 next to the city’s airport.

The twin-seat J-16D is based on the J-16 multirole strike fighter, which is itself a development of the J-11B interceptor and the Russian Sukhoi Su-30MK-series, both of which can trace their lineage back to the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker interceptor.

Which loyal wingman will win out here?
AxkzhNu.jpg
Good lord, the copying of the Kratos LCAAT is absolutely fucking shameless…

View attachment 665214

Considering India's "CATS Warrior" and one of the UK's depiction of LANCA/Project Mosquito have broadly similar aircraft configurations, I think the pearl clutching is a bit much.
If anything the FH-70 looks a bit different from the others in that it seems to be twin engined, though as a mere concept drawing and as a specific type that likely isn't actively being pursued by the PLA, it may mean nothing.

Just as there are many UCAVs with configurations similar to Phantom Ray, Neuron, Sharp Sword, Taranis, S-70, don't be surprised if many "affordable loyal wingman" concepts emerge from different nations that look like clones of each other.

Grom.jpg

Nothing new under the moon.

Stavatti meets Ace Combat in China. Still a better love story than Twilight!
They should be ashamed of themselves, but I'm pretty sure that they're not. Its a cultural thing. Oh, you've done this, so it must be good, I'm copying it.
I play a video game called Reassembly. It is a builder shooter spaceship game with immense modding potential and an international following.

The Chinese players do this on there too. They also come up with some highly imaginative original ideas or repurposing of things they've borrowed. I've taken to just finding their cool stuff and borrowing it right back.

Considering India's "CATS Warrior" and one of the UK's depiction of LANCA/Project Mosquito have broadly similar aircraft configurations, I think the pearl clutching is a bit much.
China performs espionage and copying on an industrial scale, this isn’t even disputable. This isn’t to say that they’re incapable of original designs or that everything must be copied, but industrial scale copying is plain as day.

You may be right that China isn’t the only one to use the Kratos LCAAT configuration, but this isn’t some isolated case in the Chinese defense industry.

Last edited:
China performs espionage and copying on an industrial scale, this isn’t even disputable. This isn’t to say that they’re incapable of original designs or that everything must be copied, but industrial scale copying is plain as day.
Exactly. They're perfectly capable of designing their own gear, but they're just as happy copying yours and mine. Speaking of...
Yoink! I think I'll build something like this for my Reassembly faction. :cool:

You may be right that China isn’t the only one to use the Kratos LCAAT configuration, but this isn’t some isolated case in the Chinese defense industry.

The assumption that externally similar platforms sharing common sense planforms is a reflection of espionage is a low effort one... and would not be too problematic, if it wasn't for that fact it was symptomatic of an increasingly flawed perceptions about the chinese MIC capability and their level of advancement.

The assumption that externally similar platforms sharing common sense planforms is a reflection of espionage is a low effort one... and would not be too problematic, if it wasn't for that fact it was symptomatic of an increasingly flawed perceptions about the chinese MIC capability and their level of advancement.
Which doesn't change the fact that they copy like MFrs.