Zentral-Aviatik,Ehrlich Type-V Biplane Transport

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

here is a Zentrak-Aviatik biplane transport aircraft,designed by Karl Ehrlich and
called Type-V.

http://www.avia-it.com/act/biblioteca/periodici/PDF%20Riviste/Ala%20d'Italia/L'ALA%20D'ITALIA%201924%2006.pdf

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.png
    4.png
    520 KB · Views: 158
This was a 1924 Austrian passenger plane (1 pilot in the open air and two passengers in an enclosed cabin). It was the WW I UFAG C.I 161.100 rebuilt by the Vienna Zentral Aviatik und Automobil Ges.m.b.H. (ZAAG) to a design of their chief pilot Karl Ehrlich. Austrian civil registration A-18.

Thank you my dear Tuizentfloot,

and I ask if there was anther designs for Karl Ehrlich or not ?.

There were no other Ehrlich designs, and no other ZAAG types.

I don't know if the V in ZAAG Ehrlich V means "five" or "vee". In any event there were no "one","two", ...

Ing. Karl Ehrlich was a well-known Austrian glider pilot in the immediate post-WWI period.

I can't identify this very similar biplane .

Thanks for help

Richard

Attachments

• $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 89
My dear Richard,

was it for Zentral-Aviatik also or you don't know the company ?.

Sorry , I don't know anything about it : at first , I thought this was the ZAAG Ehrlich V , but it seems it was not ...

richard said:
Sorry , I don't know anything about it : at first , I thought this was the ZAAG Ehrlich V , but it seems it was not ...

That needs a big search my dear.

The appearance of this biplane is very German/Austrian from the immediate post-WWI period.

The three-view drawing seems to me a rather crude rendering of the 1919 Lohner Express I. This was the original 1918 Lohner 10.23 prototype (Lohner AC) rebuilt with an enclosed cabin for two passengers.

The Express I made some flights from Austria to Ukraine in the summer of 1919, and it was probably sold to the Ukrainian government. Eventually the Inter-Allied Aeronautical Commission of Control confiscated the plane bfore it could be handed over to the Ukrainians. The Express I eventually ended up in Switzerland.

More details can be found in Andersson/Sanger, Retribution and Recovery (2014).

Below a more detailed three-view drawing of the Express I from Keimel, Luftfahrzeugbau in Österreich (2003), p. 215.

Attachments

• Lohner Express I.JPG
    Lohner Express I.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 90
Thank you .

Although crude , this 3-views is interesting as it shows the Express I with a cabin ...