Yakovlev Yak-7R 1942 project (2xramjets, 1x rocket engine)

AF

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello, i have question about Yakovlev Yak-7R project. OK, i know that Yak-7R was (probably) unofficial designation of recon version of Yak-7, but in some books i found information about project from august 1942 which was powered by one D-1A liquid fuel rocket engine (designed by Leonid S. Dooskhin) mounted in rear fouselage ande two under-wing mounted DM-4S ramjet engines. Cockpit was moved forward, piston engine was removed.

I want build scratchbuild model so i need some drawings. In book „Encyklopedie sovětských jednomotorových stíhacích letadel 1939 – 1951“ i found side draw (see image 1), but it does not fit to Yak-7 draw. On my hard-disc i have another side draw (see image 2) which i downloaded years ago from now inactive slovakian website. I think that second image is more accurate but i am not sure. Only other info about Yak-7R which i found was this web page:
http://tanks45.tripod.com/Jets45/Histories/Jak-7R/Jak-7R.htm

So my question – does anybody have more information about this project and does anybody have some drawings (3 view etc.) ???

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 252
1.jpg picture is correct. 2.jpg isn't correct, and looks to be purely speculative. Yak-7R project actually didn't look much like Yak-7; but in spite of this, the basic fuselage girder was the same.

I attach here the Yak-7R layout drawing from the book "Yak fighters of the Great Patriotic War period" by Alexei T. Stepanets, and its comparison with the basic Yak-7 made by myself. By the way, Yak-7R was 1.325 m longer.

Attachments

• Yak-7R_Stepanets corrected.jpg
    Yak-7R_Stepanets corrected.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 220
  • Yak-7 vs Yak-7R.jpg
    Yak-7 vs Yak-7R.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
Six sources known to me shows the same side view of the project. (Nearly ten years ago, I made a simplified scheme, 3 v-ws, based on the data)

Attachments

• Resize of Yak-7R.jpg
    Resize of Yak-7R.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 219
Thank you very much :) - comparasion and 3 view are very helpful (and interesting) for me