Yakolev Yak-130

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Promotional video for Yakolev Yal-130 produced by Wings of Russia Studio.

[links offline - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos taken today at Le Bourget:

[pics offline - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
This pic appeared claiming to be the first Yak-130 for Vietnam

123005716_386144032736554_437079260493335835_n1.jpg

Rest In Peace. :(
its sad.
it seems there's been quite a few accidents with this aircraft. a quick look through wikipedia indicates that one was likely pilot error (the bangladesh collision during a performance).
but the others didnt have any detailed explanations

A training aircraft.
Almost 200 built.
7 crashes over 15 years, of which 3 were in Bangladesh.
2 of the Bangladeshi were a mid air collision with each other.

There is nothing really excessive there, compared with other aircraft.

Someone caught part of the impact on camera and it looks like the pilots tried to eject and the seats or at least one of them hit a building. Really sad stuff

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWU5va3I14

There is a second video where you can see what I'm talking about, but by the nature of the video I decided to pull it out of this post.

Vietnam got 6 of its 12 ordered aircraft.

First IRIAF Yak-130 image added for future reference. Hopefully it will be shown on iranian TV soon.

F5BZC8SXIAAuAOy.jpg

Snazzy paintwork. The same Taghvaee who said it's all fake now says the flights were recorded couple of weeks ago. Wonder when and how many Yak-130s were ordered. Not a peep about an order until now (except some vague hints of interest over the years)

With their relatively large scale (?) procurement of Su-35 and Yak-130s going forward, what happens now to their indigenous training aircraft projects?
They shouldn't be mutually exclusive. But the Yak-130 is available now, hence the order, while the Yasin, even in a best case scenario i can't see it in service much before 2030. The improved (production representative?) second protototype has not even flown yet afaik.

They shouldn't be mutually exclusive. But the Yak-130 is available now, hence the order, while the Yasin, even in a best case scenario i can't see it in service much before 2030. The improved (production representative?) second protototype has not even flown yet afaik.
I wonder if the HESA Yassin has enough advantage over the Yak-130 to justify future production. Time will tell...

I wonder if the HESA Yassin has enough advantage over the Yak-130 to justify future production. Time will tell...
Imo it doesn't have any performance advantage, Yasin is a straight wing design, very much like MiG-AT really. There is also the question of the engines, either J-85 copies (with which it will be inherently inferior) or perhapas a russian engine now. But the most important advantage it does have is that it's iranian, they can do as they like with it, sell it to whomever etc. It's also probably cheaper.

Snazzy paintwork. The same Taghvaee who said it's all fake now says the flights were recorded couple of weeks ago. Wonder when and how many Yak-130s were ordered. Not a peep about an order until now (except some vague hints of interest over the years)

Well, you must let some peoples simply give some time to consider and the honest ones are even admit they were wrong. No problem with this.

View: https://twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee1/status/1698006439644545264

Wonder what the exchange rate for fairly modern trainer aircraft (and presumably extra turbofan power plants) vs cheap flying doritos is. Potentially profitable arrangement for both parties. Russia could probably even pass along their older examples to be replaced later with new builds.

Will Iran get enough to eventually retire the F-5's? Or maybe we'll even see F-5's with a redesigned aft-end with twin tails and Russian turbofans marketed as the Supee Saeqeh-- the next great 5th gen fighter out of Iran.

Russia has revealed a model of an upgraded and uprated version of the Yak-130 engine, to be fitted to the Yak-130M.
Run it through a translator.

Thrust increase of 20%, thus each engine should push out around 3000kg thrust.

It mentions it will also be offered to civilian aviation projects.