XSSM-N-2 Triton

The Triton is drawn on the FAS Military Analysis site. There was also a missile called Taurus, intended to be launched from the Terrier launcher.

Uk 75

I am not sure whether to post this on a new thread.

Does anyone know a good source of info on the Triton, Taurus, Typhon
missiles in the 3Ts family which were never built.

I have never seen a drawing of Taurus. Pictures of Triton and Typhon
are few and far between. Typhon is only ever shown in its long range
version.

I would love to see more info
UK 75

These are the best drawings I ever saw of the Triton. The odd thing is that they come from the very same document quoted in the first post of this topic...

Attachments

• Trrton base.gif
    Trrton base.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Triton modified.gif
    Triton modified.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 365
BTW, the Jan-Mar 1992 issue of the Technical Digest of the Applied Physics Lab of the John Hopkins University is a more or less special issue devited to the Fleet Air Defense history. 8-pages article on the Typhon there. No, it isn't available online. MAYBE I have access to the printed collection, have to check.

Much obliged for the Triton views which I have never seen.
Would certainly love to see more on Typhon and Taurus as well.

UK 75

Although the XSSM-N-2 Triton started out as an APL design (APL = John Hopkins University's Applied Physics Lab), McDonnell Aircraft listed the type as their Model 95, which probably indicates that the company would have served as prime contractor, had the design gone any further.

Best online source on Triton is (no big surprise here), Andreas Parsch's excellent website:
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app1/ssm-n-2.html

McDonnell's Model 123A/B is listed as the "TRITON I/II" ramjet-powered surface-to-surface guided missile (misspelled as "TRITINO").

I guess these were never built, but it would be interesting to see how similar (or different) these were to the initial design.

Stargazer2006 said:
McDonnell's Model 123A/B is listed as the "TRITON I/II" ramjet-powered surface-to-surface guided missile (misspelled as "TRITINO").

I guess these were never built, but it would be interesting to see how similar (or different) these were to the initial design.

After some more examination of the matter, it seems that McDonnell's Model 123A/B was INDEED called the TRITINO, no typo here.

mistake it is a rigel missile

Greetings Guys,
I came across some pictures from collect space forum.
They are of a manufacuture's model of the XSSM-N-6 rigel missile.
j Moon
exsts/ss :-[ :-[ :-[

Attachments

• 8469255621_85a6fb0034.jpg
    8469255621_85a6fb0034.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 8470349308_47197915ba.jpg
    8470349308_47197915ba.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93