Northrop N-204 reconnaissance plane project

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The Northrop N-204 was an advanced high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft project conceived in the fall of 1957, derived from Northrop's earlier N-165 spyplane design. It was powered by eight Westinghouse J54 turbojets arranged in two groups of four side-by-side engines between the outer wing section and wing center section. Concerns by CIA pilots that the Lockheed U-2 was being tracked by radars while overflying the Soviet Union prompted Northrop to make low observable technology a part of the N-204 design, as was later done with the Lockheed A-12. Although Northrop believed that the N-204 could go into operational service in 1960, the N-204 never proceeded to the hardware phase.

Specifications:
  • Crew: pilot and flight engineer/RSO officer
  • Length: 105 ft 8 in (32.2 m)
  • Wingspan: 273 ft 9 in (83.44 m)
  • Wing area: 5,000 square feet (464.52 square meters)
  • Gross weight: 34,000 lb (15,422 kg)
  • Max takeoff weight: 75,000 lb (34,019 kg)
  • Powerplant: eight Westinghouse J54 turbojets, 6,075 lbf (27.02 kN) thrust each
  • Maximum speed: 480 kn (553 mph, 885 km/h)
  • Range: 3,000 nmi (3,452 mi, 5,556 km)
  • Service ceiling: 85,000 ft (25,908 m)
Link:
https://raigap.livejournal.com/931032.html (includes cutaway view of the interior of the Northrop N-204 from the Northrop company documents)

My dear Vahe,

please take care from this site,it doesn't respect copyrights,even from
forums,and it cheated from us many projects,and claims they discovered
it by them,specially me.

That project is not new,it's from this book;

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    866 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
My dear Vahe,

forums,and it cheated from us many projects,and claims they descovered
it by them,specially me.

I created a Wikipedia page for the Northrop N-204, and whoever wrote the link about the N-204 took note of the Wikipedia article about the N-204 and decided to photocopy the page from the book Flying Wings and Radical Things that includes company documents regarding the N-204.

My dear Vahe,

forums,and it cheated from us many projects,and claims they descovered
it by them,specially me.

I created a Wikipedia page for the Northrop N-204, and whoever wrote the link about the N-204 took note of the Wikipedia article about the N-204 and decided to photocopy the page from the book Flying Wings and Radical Things that includes company documents regarding the N-204.

It was probably Vahe. That's probably why he's banned.

Last edited: