Why was my posting deleted?

"Your post in the thread Northorp Grumman B021A Raider (LRS-B) was deleted. Reason: obvious BS data/offtopic posts deleted (hidden in fact)"

?
Are you going to discuss in details how two F135 without afterburners gonna power _170_ MTOW B-21 from BS datasheet taken from BS site?

I'd seen those posts deleted and guessed why they had gone bye-bye, but the above notification had come in a fair while after that, and I couldn't find any other of my posts that had been subsequently deleted from that thread, which was why I was puzzled. Probably just a software glitch delaying the notification. Sorry for being so cryptic in my post then, I was distracted by yet another brownout that had just kicked in (luckily the power supply on my computer was able to deal with this one, which isn't always the case!).

Happy New Year to you and yours!

I want a reason for my post to have been deleted.

I asked about the status of a project based on a rumour, in the project thread. Anonymous deletions of posts without reason does nothing to support the moderation of the forum.

Last edited:
I've deleted this. You still want an explanation?

1672670961592.png

I've deleted this. You still want an explanation?

View attachment 690468
Oh, so it was you, nice of you to provide an explanation - oh no, you didn't.

I asked a question related to the project. In my understanding of the rules, you made the wrong call.

Ah I see why you deleted it now. That makes sense comrade.

Last edited:
You are posting a rumour (you yourself don't believe) under November sat photo of first Okhotnik at GLITz with its engine removed and second one that still didn't fly asking if this rumour is true. Does it have much sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why were the PLA Sixth-Generation Aircraft posts deleted? It may have been proven to be unfounded and based on somebody's fanart of a future fighter, but mayhaps it could have been moved to The Bar or something, just to discuss how somehow, the Chinese think it right to post it in the first place?

Or perhaps, a BS-type thread uncovering all false or BS designs not worth discussing even in the Theoretical, Fake and Generic Projects subforum can be made instead.

Read forum rules. Do not post obvious garbage in topics not intended for this.
You can discuss fantasy art in many other forums. SPF was not created for this stuff.
Fact that Zhang is an gov official doesn't add credibility to '6G fighter' posts, likely vice versa (she's famous for her knowledge of history for example).

Last edited:
When removing offtopic posts, it is a moderator judgement whether the off-topic posts are worth preserving. Some moderators take a harder line on this than others.

If you feel genuinely interesting posts were deleted, contact us and please include a link to the topic in question so another moderator can review the posts and potentially recover them to the original thread, or a new one.

It seems to me that judgement calls are being made on the value of posts which are clearly on-topic. Is there a policy of quality control in effect? Are a stupid question posted in good faith or an inquiry into marginal information about the topic to be removed?

The forum has always operated a dual function as a database and a discussion forum. My view is that, months or years later, marginal posts can be cleaned from historic topics if they clearly don't relate to the topic, are low quality. duplicates, misleading or misinformation. I also cull poor quality scans when newer scans of the same image is posted, fix up dead links, etc.

I don't really agree with deleting posts immediately after posting. Immediate removal or editing of posts should generally be done only when the content violates forum rules.

A forum will involve discussions that digress off topic. Split off-topic posts to a new topic if needed rather than deleting, especially if the discussion is still ongoing.

All moderators should generally adhere to this rule. I may add to the moderator guidelines.

I completely agree that it is what good site administration should be. And many thanks again at your team for such devotion.

However, it's flabbergasting to find a notice that a post of your have been deleted with no mention of what was its content. Is there really no way to have all deleted posts mashed up somewhere for us to have at least a chance to get red-faced re-reading it? Make it an user only content, non-editable. Should also temper any rage typing.

Flateric removed a number of historic off-topic posts from

Your post was in the first topic, and was nothing bad, just part of an off topic digression.

I'm not sure it would be useful to have a topic for deleted posts. At present, deleted posts stay in their topic, but are invisible to ordinary users. This makes it very easy to restore deleted posts back if necessary.

Moving deleted posts to another random topic would complicate restoration of wrongly deleted posts to their original topics.

So the choice is - silently delete, or notify. Its impractical to include detailed explanations per deleted post of a topic cleanup.

Its impractical to include detailed explanations per deleted post of a topic cleanup.
1- would it also be impractical to include at least a generic "deleted as part of a general cleanup" in the notice?

2- could the software be parametered to include the deleted post in the notice?

The "general cleanups" often happen very long after the posting (up to several months) and we have no way to know what was deleted or why.
And frankly, some cleanups are particularly heavy-handed, with not even a summary explanation. On the receiving hand, it can feel sometimes more than borderline disrespectful.

You can always include a notification when deleting a post. In cleaning up a live issue in a topic I tend to post in the topic itself as a public notice so don't do a notification as well. For a historic topic where a moderator is removing potentially years old jokes, off topic digressions, I think a generic "thread cleanup" notification message is appropriate.

The forum topics about unbuilt projects were always intended as databases of information as well as discussions. That's behind the logic of cleaning up historic "fluff" from topics.

You can always include a notification when deleting a post. In cleaning up a live issue in a topic I tend to post in the topic itself as a public notice so don't do a notification as well. For a historic topic where a moderator is removing potentially years old jokes, off topic digressions, I think a generic "thread cleanup" notification message is appropriate.

The forum topics about unbuilt projects were always intended as databases of information as well as discussions. That's behind the logic of cleaning up historic "fluff" from topics.
I'm feeling victimised now.....

@overscan (PaulMM) Any advice on how to deal with posters who continuously trash talk the products of certain companies? Their posts don’t get deleted while my replies do if I bother to call them out on it.

I take no pleasure in these pointless back & forths but neither do I enjoy seeing threads polluted by extremely biased posts with nothing interesting or useful to say.

@overscan (PaulMM) Any advice on how to deal with posters who continuously trash talk the products of certain companies? Their posts don’t get deleted while my replies do if I bother to call them out on it.

I take no pleasure in these pointless back & forths but neither do I enjoy seeing threads polluted by extremely biased posts with nothing interesting or useful to say.
If reports are made they will be addressed as deemed appropriate by a moderator. Sometimes this will result in deletions, editing or no action depending upon individual circumstances.

Had my post removed today when it contains only factual information, sourced with references.

@flateric : with all respect, event of corruption surrounding a deal are part of aerospace and defense news since the beginning of time ;)
It is important for the reader to get fully informed when relevant.

@flateric : with all respect, event of corruption surrounding a deal are part of aerospace and defense news since the beginning of time ;)
It is important for the reader to get fully informed when relevant.
Isn't that just a general fact of (modern???) life though, including ever increasing corporatization and targeted monetization of (in random order, since I'm way too lazy to sort alphabetically or thematically) chemicals/pharmaceutics/medications, transportation/travel, sanitation, education, construction, infrastructure, power, information, entertainment, vacation/travel, financial "services", migration (I'm an expat/guest worker), communication, social engagement, transcendence/religion/spirituality (whatever that is - dunno), justice/law enforcement/protection, healthcare/medical procedures, hospitalization, restoration/remodeling (yes, I know - first world problems), hospice, and eventually deposition (I will not be enbalmed, but that's just me), and I do apologize if this sounded vaguely like some rap lyrics, but that's just the nature of the beast, I guess... Life/death cycle covered?

Last edited:
Seriously?

SU-25 pilot's pov video unacceptable, would it have been more acceptable if it was filmed by Ukrainian pilots?

Childish behaviour like this warrants a) an apology, and b) some questions asked.

Screenshot_20230719-114018_Chrome.jpg

Why are my post deleted in silence?

My recent posts in the Rafale forum were deleted (I was also forced out of my login, don't know if it is something linked to account safety administration) when nothing of what was written wasn't backed by the history of discussion. Enough of this.
Anytime a news article is posted here that contains factually incorrect contents, it's normal to remind our peer members that the reality doesn't back the say.

-------------//
I regret to say that this doesn't bode well for the spirit of this side of the forum if we have to post according to an editorial view (not even clarified) or see them deleted covertly.

Do I have to guess if something would happen to my older posts? Are they deleted and my contribution erased like under any Stallininan regime? Please don't let the shadowy internet rules over this forum (see Keypub).
//-----------

Last edited:
Hello moderators, why was my post deleted on the thread "Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire" ??!!
i made a valid comment, to the video of a multi-million dólar bomber, being destroyed by a "cheap" drone, so why do you think this is off-topic??!!

Hello moderators, why was my post deleted on the thread "Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire" ??!!
i made a valid comment, to the video of a multi-million dólar bomber, being destroyed by a "cheap" drone, so why do you think this is off-topic??!!
Flateric will have to comment, as he deleted several posts in this topic without commenting on why. but I would guess this falls under the general rule of avoiding discussions on Ukraine war.

@flateric over to you

Flateric will have to comment, as he deleted several posts in this topic without commenting on why. but I would guess this falls under the general rule of avoiding discussions on Ukraine war.
Hello Paul, i already contacted flateric, iam waiting for an answer, thanks.

Hi guys. Just wondering why my post over in the US Hypersonic weapons thread was just deleted?