What lurks at Warton.....?

P1127

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Whilst browsing the updated Google Earth, I had a look at the secret airfield near Preston. Hiding out by the Ribble near the RCS test range, I found this:

53°44'12.96"N 2°52'35.17"W

Any thoughts as to what it is? Replica 'mock up'?

Attachments

• Warton mystery.jpg
    Warton mystery.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 163
Thanks. Well, for me it looks like.... canoe ;D Now on the serious note - if the top black "hole" is the cockpit, what is behind it? Lift engine or fan (if it is aircraft of course)?

May be also MDC/NG/BAe JAST RCS scale model remains. Hole doesn't mean something speciall was installed there as model obviously was unpowered (if we are talking about RCS model).

Attachments

• warton.jpg
    warton.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 87
I think we can make some better observations if we can get an idea of how big this object actually is. Any way to make out its length?

From the picture posted it seams to me to be A LOT bigger than a fighter, however I could be wrong.

One more thing, the shadow of the object gives some clue to its side profile. The sun seams to be pretty low showing jagged topside of the fuselage. No tail is apparent although there is clearly a nose section since the shadow at the front part of the object does not touch the object itself, implying that the structure is above the ground.

lantinian

lantinian said:
I think we can make some better observations if we can get an idea of how big this object actually is. Any way to make out its length?

From the picture posted it seams to me to be A LOT bigger than a fighter, however I could be wrong.

One more thing, the shadow of the object gives some clue to its side profile. The sun seams to be pretty low showing jagged topside of the fuselage. No tail is apparent although there is clearly a nose section since the shadow at the front part of the object does not touch the object itself, implying that the structure is above the ground.

lantinian

Maybe this could help ... it doesn't look that huge ! ???

Deino

Attachments

• Warton strage part.jpg
    Warton strage part.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 86