What item of Secret Projects memorabilia would you most like to own

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Years ago a chap I worked for had a large manufacturers model of TSR 2. I still covet that model.

What would others like to own?

Partly translucent vintage airliner models (clipper flying boats especially) have always been highly desirable (and altogether unattainable) for me...

Blueprints and company brochures make me dream... but then I've always been more of a "paper" guy.

I have a nice collection of Schneider racer car radiator mascots but what I would really like is the large model here;
http://www.schneider-cup.com/SpeedRecordTrophy.html
The owner is mistaken about it having been awarded to Stainforth, the Stainforth family have confirmed that, but it is a superb piece of modelling

There's a certain museum in California that has, in a back room, a transparent-body manufacturer's display model of the production-variant Navajo.

If I'd had a four-foot-long bag with me that day...

I wouldn't mind having that Isinglass/HGV/HAVE SPACE/whatever it is model, and the associated RL20/XLR129 mockup.

Display models, of course! Of the ones I've see on this site...I'd go with the Boeing ATF, the Rockwell pre-stealth ATF, the Boeing NGAD/ADF, and probably plenty of others.

If I had anywhere to put it, the full-sized mock-up of the Rockwell F-X would be nice too. ;D

Original concept art for me, especially if its Navy related. I love ship paintings B)

LowObservable said:
There's a certain museum in California that has, in a back room, a transparent-body manufacturer's display model of the production-variant Navajo.

If I'd had a four-foot-long bag with me that day...

You mean this one?

Attachments

• NAA Navaho Model.jpg
    NAA Navaho Model.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 169
Thiel said:
LowObservable said:
C-5... The very same.
What's that?

Re-read Reply #7. He was answering to circle-5 (shortened here as "C-5"). Nothing to do with a translucent Galaxy desktop model (though I'm sure it would also be awesome!).

The original Ferri/GASL thermal compression scramjet ground test engine, which I believe is slated to be part of a hypersonic airbreathing propulsion exhibit sometime in the not-so-near future at the NASM. I have at least seen and put my hands on this at one point in the past.

JAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• gasl_scramjet.jpg
    gasl_scramjet.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 71