Vienna 1913

Justo Miranda

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
In 1913 Adolf Hitler, Iósif Stalin, Josip Broz “Tito“, Leon Trotsky and Sigmund Freud lived in Vienna within a radius of only three kilometers. Vienna was the capital of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and there the decision was made to start the First World War, if the 1908 Tunguska meteorite had fallen in Vienna in 1913 it would have changed history.

I know this story, it often blown my mind. Or maybe just have all those assholes go to the same café the same day at the same hour and BOOM, big bomb goes off and all the criminals (minus Freud) are vaporized into oblivion.
Tungska is too early but it might be possible to find a close asteroid encounter circa 1913 that missed Earth by an hairbreadth.

In passing - if you ever wonder about that Vienna art school that slammed the door into Adolf face : here is one painter that made it through.
Note that the man was the same age as Hitler (1890 vs 1889)

... Vienna was the capital of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and there the decision was made to start the First World War...

To stay historically correct: There wasn't a "decision to start World War I".

It all started when the Austria-Hungarian Empire declared war on Serbia, which was preceded by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, carried out by a Bosnian Serb. Russia came to Serbia’s defence... and we know how things escalated thereafter.

Another historical coincidence: Edward Teller, Leó Szilárd, Eugene Paul Wigner, John von Neumann, Theodore von Kárman, Dennis Gabor and George de Hevesy … all of them were born in Budapest at about the same time.:)

I know this story, it often blown my mind. Or maybe just have all those assholes go to the same café the same day at the same hour and BOOM, big bomb goes off and all the criminals (minus Freud) are vaporized into oblivion.
Tungska is too early but it might be possible to find a close asteroid encounter circa 1913 that missed Earth by an hairbreadth.

In passing - if you ever wonder about that Vienna art school that slammed the door into Adolf face : here is one painter that made it through.

At least, Hitler passed the first evaluation of this art school and only failed in the second round, because he "didn"t paint enough heads", so they not really slammed the door into his face (https://www.was-war-wann.de/personen/adolf_hitler_wien.html). Personally, I think he showed much more talent in drawing comic figures than as a politician...

Hard to believe, that a mass murder would paint disney characters...

Another historical coincidence: Edward Teller, Leó Szilárd, Eugene Paul Wigner, John von Neumann, Theodore von Kárman, Dennis Gabor and George de Hevesy … all of them were born in Budapest at about the same time.:)

Hungarians surely knew a lot about atomic matters. This is amazing !

Here's a good idea for a science fiction story:

Perhaps all these strange characters suffered from a strong inferiority complex and the reason their presence in Vienna would be the search for a cure with Dr. Freud. The treatment was successful.:):):)

ROTFL Imagine a psychiatrist or psychologist, Freud or not, having Hitler, Stalin, Trotsky and Tito as patients.

In the morning he tries to solve the dispute between Trotsky and Stalin, related to communist ideological differences (good luck !)

In the affternoon he tries to make Hitler a better man, at least a bit less hateful to the entire world, jews included (good luck !)

And in the evening with Tito - he tries helping him in solving Balkanic endless ethnic conflict and carnage. He tries to make the Balkans a more peaceful place (good luck !)

Just. think. about. it. Good lord.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would say the psychiatrist is up for suicide through poison, hanging and gunshot by the third day like this.

Last edited:
Imagine what the Monty Pythons could have done with that. They did something close with philosophers: either playing football or singing about them drunkards ("Emmanuel Kant was a real pissant / who was rarely very stable...")

Which one would you see as Freud, Hitler, Stalin, Trotsky and Tito ? It would be epic and it would be legendary. Let's suppose that Terry Gilliam as usual sticks with animation and other stuff, leaving the other five...

They would certainly do far better than that. Which was already hilarious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ODU93wVdg

Last edited:

As an aside, note that schiele in German means telling someone to look cross-eyed...

Perhaps a barista develops a “bad attitude” and slips poison into their coffee.
Perhaps a truck’s brakes fail and it crashes into the cafe.
Perhaps ….

Back
Top Bottom